BMW i Remote app

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesw1

is there anyway of refreshing the level of charge when you check your phone without completely exiting the app and logging back in? its a bit annoying!

I haven't figured out any other way, I am afraid. Another example of poor user experience with i Remote.

Having said that, I recently purchased an Apple Watch and do like what they've done to that.

I"m having the same problem, but logging off and on again does not resolve it.

I called BMW NA to have a case opened and after 5 weeks of troubleshooting they tell me there is nothing wrong. I've been on the phone with them as the app would not update and would continually fail at setting departure times and they would tell me everything is Fine on their side.

As a last resort i was told to take the car into the dealer to continue troubleshooting. So we did and the dealer opened up a case and BMW Engineering told them there is no support for the app. How are we supposed to get these issues fixed? Dealer says they are trying to fight for us but I don't know if they actually are.

M2140 said:
I"m having the same problem, but logging off and on again does not resolve it..
Maybe your car is no longer communicating with BMW's server. You might try momentarily pulling fuse 115 in the cabin fuse box somewhere near the glove box (never looked myself). This fuse powers the cellular transceiver which could be hung (seems to be a fairly common problem, unfortunately). Cycling the power could cause the transceiver to start communicating again.

My iRemote app hadn't updated for some time (over a month), but I didn't get a chance to try and sort it.

Meanwhile, the car was diagnosed with an EME fault which was recently replaced. When I got the car back, the remote app was working again.

I had already contacted support and received an email from the BMW Connected drive team, suggesting the following fix:

1. Within the App, go to Settings and log out of the account that’s connected.

2. Go to the vehicle, start it and while in the ConnectedDrive menu, press the Options button on the iDrive controller, then click “Update BMW services”.

3. This will refresh the vehicle with Germany and ensure any updated files are loaded into the vehicle.

4. Once this is complete, turn the vehicle off and open the Remote Services App again and log back in.

5. Allow the App to sit for a few minutes to ensure it updates with the vehicle.

So, in addition to the Fuse 115 process, we have another option.

Now, I'm wondering if my iRemote problem was on the EME. The only other software glitch I had that was also fixed at the same time was a lack of traffic data on the nav screen. It used to work fine, but I don't use the nav that often so not sure if it stopped at the same time as the iRemote. Maybe it was just the comms module that was hung, and a fuse 115 pull would have fixed it.

Is the comms module part of the EME or is it separate?

Back