CCS Eurotunnel

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themass31

Taking the I3 to Eurodisney this year does anyone know if the charge points at the Eurotunnel have a CCs quick charger and does anyone have any experience driving the I3 on the toll roads do the services have charge points.
Craig

Both terminals have AC Type2. On the English side you need a CYC card, but if you don't have one the info desk just inside the terminal will lend you one in exchange for your passport. I've not used the French side but I believe it's just drive up and plug in FOC.

Only done Calais not the main roads in France so can't answer further.

Thanks for the reply I suppose I won't get much of a charge then with it been AC connection and if anything like the ecotricity ones which I've only ever got one to work with the wife's car as it has the CCS connection I don't hold out to much hope

I can confirm the above. I've used CCS (for i3) and Type 2 (225xe) on both sides and they work fine. Obviously Type 2 is way too slow to get any decent recharge while you wait 30-45mins, but it's better than nothing.

I found this CCS Europe map helpful when venturing abroad in our i3 REx in the past. http://ccs-map.eu

Back