ConnectedDrive & Remote App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaypi

Hey guys,

I just got my BMW i3 Rex and I was looking into the apps and connected drive by BMW. Somehow it's not available in the U.S. and I can't find an option to register an account in order to login into the app.

I tried to register an account in Mexico and add my vehicle there but that didn't work out.

Can you maybe help me out here?

Thanks
JP

jadnashuanh said:
Press the SOS button and have them help you enroll. IF your dealer was on top of things, they'd have set things up for you.

I will just stop by at the dealership later then. It's just weird that there is no option for the U.S. on the official site.

If you google "i remote USA app" the third link takes you directly to the app in the App Store. Searching for the actual name of the app in the store leads to a dead end, I don't know why, but you have to use the link to get there.

WoodlandHills said:
If you google "i remote USA app" the third link takes you directly to the app in the App Store. Searching for the actual name of the app in the store leads to a dead end, I don't know why, but you have to use the link to get there.

I find the app but there is no way to register an account for me.

That's why you need to press the SOS button on the ceiling...... It's a lot faster than going through a dealer who is unsure of what they are doing.

WoodlandHills said:
That's why you need to press the SOS button on the ceiling...... It's a lot faster than going through a dealer who is unsure of what they are doing.

Oh okay - sweet thanks !

Jaypi, did you end up pressing the SOS button, and did you get registered for the i Remote App?

Jaypi said:
bwherry said:
Jaypi, did you end up pressing the SOS button, and did you get registered for the i Remote App?

Yes - thank you very much!

Oh, good! Can you give a brief summary of what happened, what info you needed to provide, etc.? Just so I can get my ducks in a row before pressing that button... Thanks!

Brian

Basically, if your dealer didn't setup your account...when you call, you'll need to provide some verification information (name, address, etc.) and then an e-mail account plus decide on a password and an emergency word. A good dealer would have set this up for you, and explained it during delivery unless you did a spur of the moment and bought one off the lot that same day!

Back