Did I get a map update?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

So I noticed the color scheme, tan, orange, browns, changed to a bluish tinted gray. Was there a map update or some other scheme to change the map colors?

Just curious,
Bob Wilson

While BMWUSA has indicated that some models will be getting free OTA map updates, as far as I can tell, the i3 is not one of them. IT's easy to tell which version you have...I think, if you press the options button when on the map page, it will tell you, but I do know that it is available for readout in the system. I've updated mine (a 2014) once, and will probably do it again when the next version comes out. FWIW, on the user updates, there are generally a -1 and a -2 version for each calendar year while the OTA stuff can come out more often to make the data volume more manageable.

I am 90% sure the map was updated because we have road work that added a new access to "Martin Road" and a reworked "access ramp" from "Martin Road" in the past six months. They are visible on the map and I tested both this evening.

Bob Wilson

Back