Extended Warranty

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauljohntaylor17

I recently bought the solar orange REX and happy to say I got $4K off the sticker so negotiate on price guys if you are looking to buy, I think sales are slower than they expected but I imagine will pick up once people see these more on the road.

Question on Warranty - it comes with the standard 4/50K and the battery is 10/150K but for another up to 7rs/80K miles they want me to pay almost $4K. Usually I would but these cars have no engines and if the battery is covered so long it seems a good risk to forego the additional and hope for the best and pay as things break after 50K miles. Anyone have any thoughts?

pauljohntaylor17 said:
I recently bought the solar orange REX and happy to say I got $4K off the sticker so negotiate on price guys if you are looking to buy, I think sales are slower than they expected but I imagine will pick up once people see these more on the road.

Question on Warranty - it comes with the standard 4/50K and the battery is 10/150K but for another up to 7rs/80K miles they want me to pay almost $4K. Usually I would but these cars have no engines and if the battery is covered so long it seems a good risk to forego the additional and hope for the best and pay as things break after 50K miles. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think in 4 years I will want a new upgrade anyway as EV's are changing so fast. Plus I never buy extended warranties and feel that the money saved over the long haul will more than offset the repairs if indeed they ever occour.

mindmachine said:
Plus I never buy extended warranties and feel that the money saved over the long haul will more than offset the repairs if indeed they ever occour.

Completely agree.

I went for a 3 year lease so I skipped the warranty. In the past, I've always bought the warranty on my other cars. Maybe I pick crappy cars but I've always gotten my money's worth with the warranty. For example, my 2011 GMC Acadia is on its 4th power steering pump!!

If, at the end of my lease, I decide to buy the car, I'll have to evaluate an extended warranty.

Back