Front plate

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a drill?

Just tape the plate in the preferred position with removable tape like masking tape. Once you are happy that it is in the right position and level, pull out your drill and drill the holes and use self tapping screws to attach it. Don't overtighten. Remove the tape and you're done.

Hi,
My own experience has NO drill and screw, as well !!

When I arrived to our local dealer's delivery location the person who is responsible for this procedure asked me if I preferred an adhesive bant (sth like 3M) rather than screwing. :idea: Normally I chose bant method and during the 14 months of our possession yet NO PROBLEM...

:D :D

best regards from İstanbul

If you mount the plate in centre, I don't think you can hit anything like front sensors or wiring.

How do I know? I mounted my i3's number plates myself. The car was freighted in from interstate and I had to get it inspected, registered, buy and mount the plates.

It's not difficult:

Number_Plate.jpg

Park the car on a level surface and use a small spirit level to make sure you have it level. A tape measure to make it central.

Here's a better idea... Don't put big useless holes in the bumper that you can't undo.

The risk getting pulled over is so low it's actually worth the delayed sacrifice of the bumper. And the fix-it-ticket is what, $15 in California, probably the same elsewhere, just rock that clean bumper au-natural until the pigs sweat you on it!

Or whatever language you speak or relate to, just don't drill your bumper.

I'll probably call the devil with this, but I've been driving a car without a front license plate for about 15 years, and I've been stopped a few times for other infractions (like expired registration/inspection sticker, speeding), and nobody's said anything about the missing license plate even though it is the law in my jurisdiction.

I think, in general, they just don't care.

Back