Have you got your build date yet?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesla said:
Hi Piekepuk,

Yes we went for the BEV. At first we were looking at the REx, but it is not going to be delivered in 2013. My wife will be the main driver and at first she had some range anxiety. But she lives 15km from work, can charge there as well and if she ever needs more range, she can take my Tesla or use the add on mobility service. Also her company has 4 company VW-ups, she could use one of them. The only "long trip" she makes is to her parents 75km away. It is doable and she could do a charge there of course. She never goes for a 5 minute visit :)

Good lock with your purchase, I think it is a worthwhile car if your driving habits match the range. In that case the BEV is the way to go!

Hi Tesla,

Do you already have recieved you i3? What ordernumber did you get?

i3me said:
roger997 said:
BMW told me delivery late December....
So i hope they are right, registration in 2013 has major tax benefits in Holland

Good to hear!
Which order number do you have Roger? I've understood that everyone below 251 can expect delivery in 2013 for NL.

Very good news, just heard car is build, needs final inspection and go,go,go,go to The Netherlands!
184 was the number

Wow, that's great! But how did you hear that it had just been built at this hour? (Late in the evening for other forum members!).
Anyway, my number is 187 and my build week is this week so the i3's should be coming soon our way!! :mrgreen:

i3me said:
Wow, that's great! But how did you hear that it had just been built at this hour? (Late in the evening for other forum members!).
Anyway, my number is 187 and my build week is this week so the i3's should be coming soon our way!! :mrgreen:

The i agent is a friend as well, rang me indeed at 20.00 h
So keep u posted!

Well I just rang my i Agent and he looked in the system to see how my i3 is progressing.
The car has "status 155" which means that the production is finished at the factory (Leipzig). :mrgreen:
He told me that my i3 already had been given that status on Thursday, November 28th (last week = week 48)!
So my i3 has already been in existence for over one week now! :p

BUT....OH HORROR!! :evil:

The i3 built is NOT the car I ordered!
My agent mailed me a screen shot of the car's status which clearly stated a different exterior color and interior than I had ordered in September. We went through part of the options list and it was also very different than my order stated. How could this have happened??

I hope to know more after the weekend. This is a tremendous cock up on the part of my BMW agent :cry:

i3me said:
Well I just rang my i Agent and he looked in the system to see how my i3 is progressing.
The car has "status 155" which means that the production is finished at the factory (Leipzig). :mrgreen:
He told me that my i3 already had been given that status on Thursday, November 28th (last week = week 48)!

My agent mailed me a screen shot of the car's status which clearly stated a different exterior color and interior than I had ordered in September. We went through part of the options list and it was also very different than my order stated. How could this have happened??

I hope to know more after the weekend. This is a tremendous cock up on the part of my BMW agent :cry:

This sounds very upsetting!
I guess you have a print of the ordered car, so this is really strange...

i3me said:

Ouch! I hope you get a good outcome from this.

All the best from the UK

Bill

are there any 'regular' consumers who took delivery already (so not bmw dealers and large/political organizations associated with bmw).
i am supposed to get mine this year, but i didn't get a delivery date yet. Did anyone get that?

i3me said:

What is the latest news about your car?

roger997 said:
What is the latest news about your car?

After an unrestful weekend and frequent contact with the very helpful National BMW iService Desk, I've understood that they are searching for an i3 in (pre-)production which closely matches my original order. The biggest bottleneck are the factory only options.
Another "limitation" is that I need the car registered before January 1st to get maximum tax benefits so there is a bit of urgency, but I'm convinced that we'll come out alright!

I'll post the developments as they occur: hope to hear more this afternoon! :roll:

I hope they sort it out for you - if a pre production model or you have to take what was built then you should, get a serious discount or free servicing from bmw.

Our week 52 build slot car should be making its way down the line now!

Looking forward to estimated 3rd week January delivery!

Mine's also week 52 (delivery estimate 17th-20th January) - seems most early orders in the UK's are?

i3me did they manage to sort that out?

I tried to add the adaptive headlights at the end of November as was told my build date would slip to April and would lose the free professional navigation... if they make a mistake in my build here's hoping they accidentally added them to the car ;)

jamie94bc said:

I tried to add the adaptive headlights at the end of November as was told my build date would slip to April and would lose the free professional navigation... if they make a mistake in my build here's hoping they accidentally added them to the car ;)

The i3 I will receive delivery on tomorrow (yes! finally!!) is well spec'd but there are some options that I will miss like the sliding roof, the heat pump and the Driving Assistant Plus. On the other hand it has the Suite interior (chic but dark) and the Ionic Silver colour which on second thought is quite nice, if not a bit bland. But that might not be so bad seeing as the i3 is in and of itself a highly visible vehicle! The other 2 already built and available i3's for delivery in NL in 2013 offered to me were less well spec'd than this one.

BMW gave me a set of 428 wheels/winter tyres and darkend rear glass along with Internet and the Personal Assistent as compensation.

The most winning part of any i3 is of course the great drive, which is universal for all i3's irrespective of the bells and whistles hung onto it! And in combination with it's brilliantly minimal environmental impact and efficiency, it is the car to be had, now! :D

i3me said:
jamie94bc said:
............. and the Ionic Silver colour which on second thought is quite nice, if not a bit bland. But that might not be so bad seeing as the i3 is in and of itself a highly visible vehicle! .......... :D

Hi i3me,

I am glad you are finally happy with the car.

You can try different wrappings if you do not like the colors.
http://www.wrappingcars.co.uk/bmw-wraps/bmw.html

regards,
ken

Back