I managed to get a discount on the BMW i3...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MSRP: $48,150 (Mega BEV: parking; tech; 20 sport; heated seats; DC charge )
Sale price: $39,950
Federal credit: -$7,500 (flex)
State excise credit: -$2,750
CCA rebate: $1,000

I financed with Owner's Choice + Flex, for 2yr/24k term. I was under water $4k on the Leaf lease. Monthly payment is ~$550. Zero down payment.

End of year is a fantastic time to find deals on the i3s in the U.S., especially the battery-only models.

websterize said:
MSRP: $48,150 (Mega BEV: parking; tech; 20 sport; heated seats; DC charge )
Sale price: $39,950
Federal credit: -$7,500 (flex)
State excise credit: -$2,750
CCA rebate: $1,000

I financed with Owner's Choice + Flex, for 2yr/24k term. I was under water $4k on the Leaf lease. Monthly payment is ~$550. Zero down payment.

End of year is a fantastic time to find deals on the i3s in the U.S., especially the battery-only models.

That's a great discount, but the payment still seems a bit high even after taking into account the negative equity.

Largest discount off MSRP I've seen, though.

Thanks. I was pretty much set on an orange Giga before the coming across the Panda Deal of the Year. (Some call this car, whose color is the same as a delicate flower's, the Stormtrooper Panda :D .)

And I'm not trying to brag (maybe a little) but rather give a shout that you can get these amazing cars for an amazing price — if you do your homework and play the game. Were it not for the negative equity on my Leaf trade, and a few of other capped fees, I'm fairly sure I could've gotten the Panda Mega BEV at, or slightly less than, the Leaf SL's ~$370/month.

If you're on the fence about this car, don't be. Just study, and remember that December is the month to act.

stormsaw said:
Hi MdSolar,
you asked about buying at other dealerships, and commented about the possibility of going to Fairfax BMW (and you live in Baltimore). I placed my order with Rockville BMW, on my second trip back to the dealership. On both visits I was told that they don't negotiate the price because of the deep federal and state tax rebates. But as I was filling out the paperwork I got into a discussion with the salesman about the size of the MD state tax rebate, which was recently increased. The salesman disagreed with me (he was wrong...), but I told him I was going to hold off placing the order until I verified the effective date of the newly increased MD rate. At that point he promptly discounted 2K off the car, "good for that day only". (2K was the difference between the old MD rate and the new MD rate, and he was not aware of the new MD rate). After that I pushed him for more, and got him to throw in the cost of the upgrade paint as well.

I have a friend who knows the sales manager at Fairfax. He reports that the Fairfax dealer is having trouble moving their stock of i3's, but when you check their inventory, most of them are non-Rex Mega's. The one Rex he has in inventory is also Mega. I think Fairfax missed the mark on what they decided to inventory, thus most folks (like me) are ordering one instead.

One thing to very carefully consider when pondering going to Fairfax. You live in MD, and Fairfax is in VA. If you purchase from Fairfax you will NOT be eligible for the MD state tax rebate, which is sizeable. Effective July 1st, the Governor approved the legislature's recommendation to increase the MD state tax rebate from $1K to $3K, and also increased the reimbursement of 1/2 of your charger installation up to $900. Unless for some reason you think Fairfax is going to offer a $5500 discount (the cost of the $3K MD rebate plus the $2500 discount that I was able to get) I would stick to a MD dealer.

My 2 anyway!

This is absouletly not true . You can buy from a VA dealer and still receive the MD Tax rebate

How about the deal that I am getting! Arguably the cheapest Rex in USA! Caught a dealer in the south misprinting an ad, called and got the quote in writing. They are trying to back out of it, but after sending an email to the GM and copying everyone in the executive offices of this dealer network they agreed to honor the price!

2014 i3 Rex base. Only option - heated seats.

MSRP: $47,025
Discount: $11,041
Sale Price:$35,984
Financing at the current special of 2.99% for 72 mo.

When you factor in the Federal Credit of $7,500 I am getting this baby for only $28,484!!!

I believe I might have gotten the cheapest Rex out there!

A couple things about that car:

1) It's a launch car. That's only an FYI, since it should be fine once it has all the latest software updates. I would have them test the 12V battery before delivery, though, since it has been on the lot for so long.
2) In the photos, the iDrive controller is missing some buttons. This may be one of the cars that was shipped without Nav. They've probably resolved this by now, just didn't update the photos, but it's something to verify.

Good luck - hope you end up getting it for that price.

Shopi01 said:
How about the deal that I am getting! Arguably the cheapest Rex in USA! Caught a dealer in the south misprinting an ad, called and got the quote in writing. They are trying to back out of it, but after sending an email to the GM and copying everyone in the executive offices of this dealer network they agreed to honor the price!

When you factor in the Federal Credit of $7,500 I am getting this baby for only $28,484!!!

wow very nice deal. Good job.

So there are cars out there with SD at the end of the stock number. Not sure what that really means, but one dealer is telling me that those cars have been "pushed" on their inventory and can be had for significant discounts. Sadly they all seem to have odd configurations. Like Parking and 20" wheels but no Tech Package.

So if your not picky about options and looking for a deal look for those SD cars.

I'm pulling the trigger on a non-SD one at -now below- invoice with the exact options and color I want.

Lonerockz said:
So there are cars out there with SD at the end of the stock number. Not sure what that really means, but one dealer is telling me that those cars have been "pushed" on their inventory and can be had for significant discounts. Sadly they all seem to have odd configurations. Like Parking and 20" wheels but no Tech Package.
Can you name the dealer? I have checked a bunch, and haven't found any car listed like that.

The dealer that told me this was Concord BMW here in the SF bay area. The rather manic depressive sales woman that I talked to told me this between her sobs that she couldn't sell other ones below invoice.

They have 2 in stock #'s: 117046SD (Rex, Mega, Silver w/20", Tech, Heated Seats, DC) & 117042SD (BEV Giga, orange, all options). I thought Weatherford in Berkley and SF BMW also had these, but maybe they sold already as I cant find them now on their site.

If its a certain config you are looking at look at Steven's Creek BMW. Those poor guys have 71 in inventory (well less the one I'm picking up tomorrow... unless some other dealer offers me a sweeter deal).

Shopi01 said:

Best deal here in Michigan on the same model:

Discount: -$6,525
Sale Price: $40,500

Not a bad price, but $35K is my budget, so the i3 REx is out for me.

Dealer offering me $50,020 (10% off MSRP of $56,050) for a fully loaded ReX (tech, parking assistance, larger nav, leather seats, 20" wheels, HK speakers etc.).

Any thoughts? The dealer's offer includes the $2,000 innovations incentive, does not include fed/state rebates.

Haven't made up my mind whether to lease or buy w/ owner's choice, but I care more about the purchase price and less about how I go about financing it.

The BEVs are getting excellent discounts right now, could not resist and got a 24 mo. lease last weekend on a barebones (heated seats only) one. Dealer + the $4875 discounts add up to 26% of the MSRP. the RV is 63% so I end up paying 11% of the car price + interests. When I discount the $1k BMW CCA rebate it ends up at less that $6k total for the whole lease - $259/mo, $0 down (but 7 MSDs). Not bad.

Back