i3 removed not on BMW UK site

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robdun2010

New to the forum, hello everyone.

Have had an I3 on order since march, been told to expect it to arrive w/c 30th May.

Just been to look up a few things about charging on the bmw uk website and can only see the i8.

Is this because there is a new version coming out?

Regards

Robdun2010

Could be.

It was there a couple of days ago when I ordered a new brochure - thinking of trading in my 2014 REx for one with the new battery.

Sadly, when the brochure arrived this morning - it was the old 18.8 kWh version.

Pretty uncoordinated marketing really - since my interest was stimulated by a mail shot of the new version.

Hi Robdun, you will enjoy your car when it arrives congratulations. If you haven't found the UK facebook group for i3 Owners check Out BMW i3UK it has a load of useful stuff on file for new owners and lots of help advice and banter. :)

I believe it is because of the launch of the new model a couple of weeks ago. The online configurator has been slow to catch up, as has the dealer's systems (both ordering and finance). I've been trying to order a new i3 for 2 weeks and only managed to do it at the weekend.

Waiting for confirmation of delivery date but looks like it will be September.

Yes, I asked the dealer this and the new car is the reason, in fact my dealer has no information to give on the new version as yet, hopefully he might have some when I take the 4 day test i3 back tomorrow, or else I won't be ordering one ;)

Boxbrownie said:
Yes, I asked the dealer this and the new car is the reason, in fact my dealer has no information to give on the new version as yet, hopefully he might have some when I take the 4 day test i3 back tomorrow, or else I won't be ordering one ;)

Hi David, Hopefully you should be in luck - I spoke to an iGenius online at the weekend and they advised that dealers should be able to spec and order the new car. It took a bit of pushing of the dealer to check - but it was the case and I was able to make an order for the new model this week.

Indeed he did have more info (unofficially) and was able to configure the new model for me, but I am also considering the Hybrid AT as they work out about the same OTR but the Hybrid will hold it's value far better.

It's all good fun this lark... :D

Back