i3 Rex no.2 in Autocar list of 50 best cars in the UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Peter,
thanks for the link!
As a side note: the writers' sentiments regarding the i3 allign very nice with our own, even after ~30000km :)
Regards, Steven

It's interesting the VW Golf is on the list twice. #11 for the basic Golf and #1 for the R performance version. Where would they put the e-Golf?

The overall Golf was Motor Trends and Greencars car of the year, but the electric version, being part of the line, doesn't get singled out. I feel the i3 and e-Golf are both great cars, but after much research and knowing that rex wasn't wanted, I ordered an e-Golf.

Price, conventional looks, rear doors, leatherette seats, and cargo space in that order were the primary factors.

Ron

<<<reason I went with the i3.... Almost all cars look alike these days, nothing stands out>>>

dc, have I got the electric car for you. The Electra-King Models 167 & 168. Nuf said. If your objective is to stand out, this runs circles around the i3. The only thing is, there's no range extender option. On long trips, you just simply plan your charging stops to accommodate it's 23 mile range, this thanks to it's state of the art air cooled nickel/cobalt/manganese batteries.
Ron

electra-king.jpg

electra-king1.jpg

electra-king2.jpg

Anyone know if the Electra-King comes with the equivalent of HK audio and/or self-adjusting led-headlights? Tempted to cancel my i3 order based their innovative battery-cooling tech alone.

Electra-King is currently not taking orders. You can find one occasionally on e-bay or carsearch.com, but needless to say they go fast due to pent up demand. As far as HK audio and self adjusting LED headlights, these are not available, as it was felt that the crystal set and kerosene lighting was more than adequate.

It's my understanding two of the original designers are in assisted living homes in LA and probably could be persuaded to design an OEM aftermarket option were sufficient demand to be indicated.

Ron

Hi guys,
spinning the thread yet more off course ;) we, e-motorheads, even the one's not hip to his products, should thank Elon for moving us from the Electra-King towards the emergence of electric cars you actually want to own. I, for myself, am so glad we could choose something other than a Think...
Regards, Steven

PS, edit: Ron, thanks for sharing. Jalopnik has a great review of the Electra-King on his site :)

I'm just glad i didn't get the 911GT3 in the end. Would have hated to own the 3rd best car on the list instead of the second. ;-) Lol. Pretty impressive for a small boxy city car to get voted this high by a bunch of journalists who drive cars every day. I agree.. Its the way all cars will drive one day. But it needs a bigger fuel tank so it can become your only car. I only took a 20 mile test drive so far but that was enough to convince me i had to have one. 1.5 months left to wait.

Back