Part Wanted ISO 2014 REx charging portal caps

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msnyderfoto

Went to ebay, thought I found a Euro dealer with an OEM as stated on their listing. Here's what I got.... Not at all correct. Sooooooo... I still need one if anybody has some 411 as to where it can be sourced.

Attachments

• IMG_4569.jpg
    IMG_4569.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
pITKKCB.png

Interesting. I thought the only differences were basically software related.
Nope. Some Euro i3's support 3-phase charging because their charge ports include more pins than the North American version which could not support 3-phase charging even if 3 on-board chargers were included.

I always use realoem to find my part number and then use Pelican parts to find the initial price baseline point. Then its off on a search for a lower price. Normally I end up with the pelican price. They normally show several different venders for the same part with one being the oem part.

Went to ebay, thought I found a Euro dealer with an OEM as stated on their listing. Here's what I got.... Not at all correct. Sooooooo... I still need one if anybody has some 411 as to where it can be sourced.
Perfect fit for Euro CCS

Attachments

• IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Nope. Some Euro i3's support 3-phase charging because their charge ports include more pins than the North American version which could not support 3-phase charging even if 3 on-board chargers were included.
I always use realoem to find my part number and then use Pelican parts to find the initial price baseline point. Then its off on a search for a lower price. Normally I end up with the pelican price. They normally show several different venders for the same part with one being the oem part.
Man, I totally forgot about Pelican Parts! Thanks!

Struck out with Pelican Parts (which is a rarity) but Got lucky with BMW of South Atlanta. They were able to find the correct caps and should be shipping by next Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back