Keeping the music on

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could put your car into Ready mode. Unfortunately, that mode likely uses considerably more power than Radio mode, but unlike Radio mode, the 12 v. battery is being charged by the high-voltage battery, so there's no danger of the 12 v. battery being discharged while operating the radio. The capacity of the high-voltage battery is so large compared with the power used in Ready mode, even when operating the radio, that you'd probably not notice any loss of range.

You can power just the radio back on with the volume knob after it has shut itself off. A notification comes up on the screen before it shuts off telling you that.

barrychan said:
I did put on ready mode but I think when I open door to get out it went into another mode and then minutes later it's off.
True, so exit through the passenger door. Before storing our i3 for 6 months last year, I wanted to reduce the battery pack's charge level from ~90% to ~50%, so I ran the A/C at Max for 3 hours while washing the car and lifting it onto jack stands. I had to exit through the passenger door to make this work.

Back