Terrific 2020 i3S - REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardvoit

Couldn't be happier and I suspect I'll hang onto this car forever. It complements my wife's 2015 Diesel Touareg (used for road trips). Truly a worry-free way to get around Metro Chicago. Has anyone else noticed how well the Harmon Kardon sound system handles classical music?

One thing, I must must must upgrade its horn! Appreciate the posts on horn replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4523.JPG
    IMG_4523.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
Couldn't be happier and I suspect I'll hang onto this car forever. It complements my wife's 2015 Diesel Touareg (used for road trips). Truly a worry-free way to get around Metro Chicago. Has anyone else noticed how well the Harmon Kardon sound system handles classical music?

One thing, I must must must upgrade its horn! Appreciate the posts on horn replacement.
Nice. So clean. I was too nervous to get anything but all black when I got my '17 in '19, but I've come to appreciate some of the two-tone combos a lot more in the meantime, especially your dark grey one. I've got a toy i3 in that scheme to be a "Mini Me". I was buying pullups, and there it was in the drug store! How could I say no?

The quietness of the drivetrain does make classical music more enjoyable. Well, any music with a wide dynamic range, really. You can hear the quiet stuff without cranking up the volume to where the fortissimo blows out your ears. Or even go ahead and crank it, it's the overture to William Tell!

Since you mention it, our Touareg was great for road tripping, too. Woulda gone from KC to New Orleans on a single tank if everyone wasn't hangry in Baton Rouge. But how did yours escape the crusher during Dieselgate? That gap in our garage has since been filled with a hybrid Toyota SUV, which is best described as "fine". As in, "Do you like it?", "Ya, it's . . . fine".

Back