More News Updates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PluggedIn

Looking on the official BMW i3 website the last news update appears to be on April 23rd 2012 which is around 2 1/2 months ago. I would think BMW could give the i3 electric car fans a few more updates or insights then 1 every 3 months. Hopefully its announcement at the 2012 summer Olympics will change all that. Until then it looks like I might have to frequent the BMW i3 forum often to find more timely updates.

PluggedIn said:
Looking on the official BMW i3 website the last news update appears to be on April 23rd 2012 which is around 2 1/2 months ago. I would think BMW could give the i3 electric car fans a few more updates or insights then 1 every 3 months. Hopefully its announcement at the 2012 summer Olympics will change all that. Until then it looks like I might have to frequent the BMW i3 forum often to find more timely updates.

There probably isn't going to be an announcement at the Olympics, I believe that was just rumors. BMW i is going to be ramping up the marketing for the i3 soon, but the car is still more than a year from launch so they really don't need to do too much yet. They haven't even revealed what the production i3 is going to look like and likely won't until 2013 sometime. That being said, they just put up two huge billboards in Times Square, New York of the i3 & i8 so they are probably going to slowly pick up the marketing machine soon.
156443_10151558999815713_2137667718_n.jpg

I think it would be wise for BMW to start marketing the i3 - if people don't know about it, they might buy a different EV in the mean time. The sooner BMW releases the price and the final look, the more likely people will be to wait for it. That's what my plan is, unless of course something comes up that is too good to pass on!

BMW i3 is a product of BMW. I dont think they need much publicity, the brand is so big. Besides BMW forum is talking about it and everyone knows about the BMW electric cars.

I think the reason as to why BMW is not really giving a lot of information about the BMW i3 electric vehicle is because the BMW electric vehicle is still on the development stages. A lot of things abut this car is expected to be improved and changed. However, at the beginning of 2013, you should expect to have more news about the BMW i3 electric vehicles.

The year of release of the BMW i3 is close. Why does the 2013 BMW i3 information be kept such as a very big secret? Many of the other car manufacturing companies normally release the details of their new cars well in advance so that all the interested parties can give their opinions. This is also as to allow enough reviews of the so that the necessary improvements can be done.

Just to comment on Austin's concerns: It s true that the release date of the BMW i3 electric vehicle is nearing but vehicle manufacturing companies differ in the way they conduct their business. Some companies would release details of the car they are about to produce well in advance to get the views of the customers but others would not do the same. This is all to prevent imitations and duplication of technology. Thus I think BMW is holding close the technology they are using to manufacture the BMW i3 electric vehicle so that no other company gets to imitate what they are doing before they release their cars.

From a facebook page. A BMW i3 replied to one person saying it will launch in Fall 2013, and that more information about the car and production version of BMW i3 will be provided at the beginning of 2013.

Robert: The i3 is virtually finished now. They already have full productions versions that they are testing. The next eight months they will just be fine tuning everything and making sure it's perfect. This is such a different car ans drive system than anything they have made and sold before they need to make sure everything has been fully vetted before launch.

Conrad: The launch in still 10 months away. Automakers almost NEVER show the completed production version of a new model more than a month or two ahead of the launch. There are exceptions, one being the Chevy Volt that really put the car out there way before launch, but in virtually all other instances, the production version of a new model appears at a major auto show the year of the launch, usually a couple months before. All of the major US auto shows happen between January and May so you can bet you'll get to see the real i3 at one of them.

There is really no reason to show your hand so early. If you do, the car will be 'old news' by the time it launches. BMW knows what they are doing. They will show the real production car off right at the time they begin to really market it and build up to the launch.

The BMW electric car has brought so much hype and very many people want to have it. This is an amazing car and that is the reason why people are asking a lot about it. But the car has to be tested so that the finer details can be properly done. I think you should just relax and be patient a little bit more. 2013 is not far and very soon the BMW i3 would be out.

whatever BMW is doing in the process of releasing its electric vehicle is just right. The process of releasing a new model to the market is normally very complicated especially when it is a unique brand such as the BMW electric car. Everyone is eager and we all cannot when we shall have the car officially out in the market.

The BMW i3 concept has been a long project and BMW is really committed to electric vehicles. It is only that the 2013 BMW i3 is drawing so much attention in the way it is unique and we all can't wait to have it. Nonetheless, we have no option but to wait for the production units to be ready, but BMW should make sure there are no delays once the vehicle is ready.

Back