Navigation Traffic Updates Too Slow

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WasteZeroSF

I have the professional navigation package on my i3 and the traffic is often not kept up to date. The problem is the map's traffic says the highway traffic is green/no traffic, but then traffic will come to a standstill and the navigation continues to state it is green/no traffic. After a minute of being in traffic then the map will update to red. I can easily look at google maps and get much better timely traffic information, but I do not want to use my phone for this information.

BMW has been unable to fix my issue and make it any better. Does any one have this issue with their BMW "Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information" (ARTTI)?

I haven't noticed that particular problem but do keep getting directed down Roads closed for Roadworks. The RTTI does detect the congestion with the works but does not seem to detect the Road closures, even ones that have been closed for several Months already.

I have noticed a similar incorrect display of current traffic in Honolulu. The nav can display heavy traffic when only light traffic exists and vice-versa. It does seem to update to the correct conditions eventually, but frequently too late to avoid heavy traffic. I don't have any experience with RTTI, so I don't know whether the i3 nav is better or worse than other systems.

Back