Ordering i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulF69

Hi. New to this forum. I live in Northern Ireland and commute to work is 55 miles. My work has agreed to put a charger in for me although I may have to pay for it. I would like to get the Rex i3 but cannot decide on all the extra options that come with it. Leasing it through the NHS will cost from £360 to £460 for 10-15,000 miles with various options. Please tell me what you would add on and what's not worth it.
From colour, interior, wheels etc, I just can't decide. Help :) :roll:

Hi Paul, my advice would be go make yourself a big mug of tea and then start mashing the search button. We've been discussing all of the options in lots of detail for months now so there's plenty of info and opinions to be found on here.

Just ask if you've got anything specific though, lots of helpful people here.

Welcome Paul,

Just to add to your frustration: my advice is to fill in the BMW online i3 configurator without regard to price, use or knowledge of the options. Just check EVERYTHING: yes that's right, start out by just selecting every single option!
It feels regal, it's great fun and it'll teach you a few things that are at first not apparent. In the first place, it will show which options BMW has clustered into a package. Second it will show which options are not compatible with each other. And thirdly, it sets you off with a complete picture of what BMW thinks anyone might want or need, when buying this car.

After selecting everything, save your configuration and print it. Lay it on the kitchen table with a warm mug of cocoa/tea/coffee and surround yourself with any pertinant advisors. See if you can come up with an explanation or use for each (cluster of) option(s). If you can't find an explanation, search the internet for it. If then you decide you have no use for it, eliminate it from the list and go to the next option. At this stage you pretty much know which configuration fits you.

Now look at the price. If it still fits, you're in luck! :mrgreen:
If not, see if you can find only ONE option that would make your budget balanced. Can you miss it? If not you're in trouble because now you need to start whittling down on your dream car. The conclusion could be that this is not the car for you :cry:

I hope that this helps you along a bit. It sure did me and made me an even larger BMW fan because it became even more clear that those guys down in Bavaria know a lot about car design!

That’s what I've done and I was quite surprised to see what came in the package choices. I did have to use the UK configurator, so the prices probably don’t convert to the actual Canadian prices, but it was an eyeopening exercise.

PaulF69 said:
Hi. New to this forum. I live in Northern Ireland and commute to work is 55 miles. My work has agreed to put a charger in for me although I may have to pay for it. I would like to get the Rex i3 but cannot decide on all the extra options that come with it. Leasing it through the NHS will cost from £360 to £460 for 10-15,000 miles with various options. Please tell me what you would add on and what's not worth it.
From colour, interior, wheels etc, I just can't decide. Help :) :roll:

I think you start with a budget
For the car all-in or lease fee, and then you want to squeeze in as much as possible!!

Back