Overhead dome button light

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmendes

Hi people.

Can anyone confirm if on the BMW i3 the light button is illuminated? I have the the SOS button and the sunroof control buttons illuminated, but the light button is not illuminated, but i'm conviced that sometime ago was illuminated.

Thank you!

Hi, fellow person.

The dome button inside my Tera/Suite interior "World" includes an illuminated icon. (The buttons for the reading lights on either side of the dome button also have lit icons.)

Why does yours not have them? In North American models, there are subtle lighting upgrades in higher-trim models. If your current i3 has Deka/Atelier, the most basic World, BMW omitted some LED flourishes, which, ironically, apparently include blank lighting buttons.

websterize said:
The dome button inside my Tera/Suite interior "World" includes an illuminated icon. (The buttons for the reading lights on either side of the dome button also have lit icons.)
Our former 2014 and current 2019 U.S. Giga World i3's have both seemed to include the same features as Tera World. When Mega World was the lowest U.S. trim level, it was missing some Tera/Giga features. Since Deka World became the lowest trim level, I don't where Mega World stands with respect to features.

Just checked on my "entry level" trim spec car, and the interior lamp button is not illuminated, when other buttons are.

many thanks for all the answers. i'm located in Portugal, so i the trim lines are different here.

Although the trim levels have different names, I think you will only find two variants of the dome light - the base level has a filament bulb and the pushbutton switch is not illuminated. The higher level version has three LED lamps - one central and two reading lights on either side. I don't know if the three pushbuttons on that version are illuminated, as I don't have that version (or more accurately I do, but it's in a box in my work room, because I haven't yet figured out how to fit it to my car!).

In North American Tera/Suite Word models, the interior light button, and the two adjacent reading light buttons, are illuminated (as mentioned ;). I'd bet the buttons in Giga World and Mega World are lit up, too, but not in Deka World.

Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-8-59-05-AM.png

Incidentally, that pair of orange beacons between the reading light buttons and the interior button are ambient lights. Because of the camera's low-light exposure, they appear unusually bright in the photo. In person, these LEDs are much dimmer.

mojo said:
Although the trim levels have different names, I think you will only find two variants of the dome light - the base level has a filament bulb and the pushbutton switch is not illuminated. The higher level version has three LED lamps - one central and two reading lights on either side. I don't know if the three pushbuttons on that version are illuminated, as I don't have that version (or more accurately I do, but it's in a box in my work room, because I haven't yet figured out how to fit it to my car!).

yes, you are correct, there are also 2 kind of dome light. Mine is with the filament bulb, so button is not illuminated. many thank you for your reply.

websterize said:
In North American Tera/Suite Word models, the interior light button, and the two adjacent reading light buttons, are illuminated (as mentioned ;). I'd bet the buttons in Giga World and Mega World are lit up, too, but not in Deka World.

Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-8-59-05-AM.png

Incidentally, that pair of orange beacons between the reading light buttons and the interior button are ambient lights. Because of the camera's low-light exposure, they appear unusually bright in the photo. In person, these LEDs are much dimmer.

It's now clear to me :) In the basic dome light (the one that i have) there is also present the ambient lights, but in this car is not so efficient as in others BMW that i owned before.

Back