REx check engine light after 800 miles

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easports82

Pick up my car from being tinted today and the check engine light was on. Friday, the air bag light came on, but turned off on its own. Going to take it in ASAP but wondering if anyone else had a similar incident after only 800 miles? Have had no other problems so far.

jadnashuanh said:
Make sure that your gas cap is tightened down fully.

Never dipped into the extender, so I'd never opened the cap. Did so, with your suggestion, but didn't make a difference: light is still on. Have to wait until tomorrow to take it in, though, cause the dealer doesn't have any loaners available today.

Yes. My check engine light came on 2 weeks ago. They say a software update will fix it.

Last weekend, I got an airbag alert. Mine would not clear, and the car is still at the dealer. They suspect a wiring harness issue. They tell me i'll know at the end of the week.

Erik

I got the CEL a few weeks ago, occurred after running the REx to ensure I had enough juice to get up into the mountains. Been on ever since. I've tried the gas cap (actually put gas in), but the light is still there. The code I get is P0301, which, from reading, seems to be a pretty common code.

I've not detected any issues with using the car, the REx comes on just fine (both manual and automatic) and behaves exactly as I would expect. My plan is to ignore it for another month until I drop the car at the dealer while I'm on vacation for 2+ weeks. They can do the March update and fix the CEL at the same time (hopefully).

Back