Satnav Manual

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Is there a manual for the satnav available anywhere?

I think I might be missing some features.

I've driven some cars with brilliant systems recently, including 3D city views, junction countdown diagram options etc - but my i3 seems pretty well unchanged since the last BMW I owned circa 1999.

Are there some sexy or useful options that I haven't discovered yet?

I think MikeS mentioned in another post that there were no details on the telephone or entertainment systems. Normally on other models the handbook just covers the basics and that other material is in a separate booklet - I think due to different options in different countries maybe?

I have just checked the User Manual and it references a separate manual for that, it's not in the one posted on Google docs if that is the BMW i3 User Manual (starting at page 14). This came from BMW support people in UK. Maybe they have this one too:-

Title is "Owners Handbook for Navigation, Entertainment and Communications".

I've now discovered 3D Perspective View in the Satnav - I hadn't drilled deep enough into the iDrive options.

What I can't find is how to set up the little inset map that shows distance to, and layout of, an approaching junction. I know it exists because I saw in in one of the road test article pix.

Anyone know how to find this?

Jeremy said:
I've now discovered 3D Perspective View in the Satnav - I hadn't drilled deep enough into the iDrive options.

What I can't find is how to set up the little inset map that shows distance to, and layout of, an approaching junction. I know it exists because I saw in in one of the road test article pix.

Anyone know how to find this?

Are you referring to the "arrows", "3D highway exits", etc?

You first have to split the screen. To do that, just tilt the iDrive selector to the right till you are able to select the "split screen" option.
Then you'll be able to choose which view you want to be displayed on the right side of the screen. Choose "arrows" (or whatever it is used in your language version).
Note that this view is only available when turn-by-turn navigation is active to a given destination. When it is not, the split screen displays current location.

Back