SF Bay Area SAE CCS chargers?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think eVgo plans on adding SAE ports to all of its Chademo locations eventually. I think there are 16 in total in Bay Area.

CHeck out plugshare's filter function to see them (or eVgo's own website).

There are 3 in the Bay Area. In addition to the Mtn View location, there are the following:

Volkswagen Group of America
500 Clipper Drive, Belmont, CA 94002

Benicia City Hall Parking Lot
250 E L St , Benicia, California, 94510

The only other one in Northern California is:

SMUD HQ
6151 S St Sacramento, CA 95817

All of the above have comments or pictures from i3 owners...

Regards, Peter

I think Benecia one is a one-off station installed by the city for their fleet. I'm glad they allow public access, but It has a horrible and confusing UI, and they charge you a bunch-- only for emergencies and novelty.

When I used it, the touch screen was cracked and it was very hard to get it going. But it eventually worked fine and, now that I know what to expect, it won't be too bad in the future.

I go to Sacramento occasionally and a DC charge at Benecia and then at SMUD near downtown should enable me to easily go "all-EV" to/from Bay and and Sacramento. I assume someone will put an SAE charger near Nut Tree soon, which would be even better.

You guys need to be turned on to an app called "PLUGSHARE" install it and then filter only SAE 1772 and SAE combo and it'll see that more starting to appear. e.g, Fresh n easy in pleasanton, and one at Livermore Premium outlets!

whole food in san jose,

more coming! yeh!

FINALLY...a CCS charger in San Francisco at Walgreen's at Bay and Columbus...near Ghardelli Square.

Odd location for it, but it'll do in a pinch. Hopefully a few more will crop up in SF.

Back