So what ranges are you getting?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, herewith tha last screenshot of the app.
I don't know why the distance per chargingcycle is so high?
We have the car from 5th of march
Km Total 2668
Average cons. 17,3 kWh/100kM
Overnight loading with normal adaptor.
Last month i filled up the gastank with 4 Liter :lol: :lol: :lol:
The former car used to consume in the same time 200 Liter :twisted:

imagejpg1_zps9e967e0c.jpg

i drove a demo i3 (BEV) from the garage (showing 120km range in comfort fully charged) to home for about 30km on secundary roads and ended up with 120 km left in eco + mode...

Ok, this one deserves a lot of disclaimers like, "it's just what the guessometer says before departure, actual range can be lesser"

Yesterday, I made a long drive from my place to Gent (160 km (100 mi) return trip). I didn't suffer from any range anxiety since I could fully charge at Gent (Bluecorner charging station at the "UFO") and then back home. I really tried to apply all the tips and tricks of eco-conscious driving and hyper-miling and achieved a very satisfactory overall 11,1 kWh/100km for the day.

And this is what I discovered this morning as a reward for my yesterday's gentle driving :) #proudofmyself

range%2017%20mai.JPG

I picked up my i3 REx the day before yesterday.
Yesterday, I got a prediction of 193km electric and 175km REx.

Did a total of 153km yesterday with a rest of 19km electric. Average 10.9 kWh/100km. Country roads 70-90 km/h and villages. Temperatures not yet optimum with only 2.5°C in the morning and 18° max. in the afternoon. I am confident >180km is easily possible in warmer weather.

Frank
Germany

Today i drove 237 km with an average speed of 61,6 km/h. Electric use of 12,5 kWh/100km.
At the stop (fastcharger CCS @fastned "het veen") i had driven 134 km, with 10 km left on the "guessometer"... ;-)

Calculating..... 18,8 nett battery, makes 150 km possible on my battery charge today....
Given that i did my very best to drive as economic as i possibly could, a bit disapointing for me.
Temperatures between 15 and 19 degrees C.

Simon said:
Today i drove 237 km with an average speed of 61,6 km/h. Electric use of 12,5 kWh/100km.
At the stop (fastcharger CCS @fastned "het veen") i had driven 134 km, with 10 km left on the "guessometer"... ;-)

Calculating..... 18,8 nett battery, makes 150 km possible on my battery charge today....
Given that i did my very best to drive as economic as i possibly could, a bit disapointing for me.

Do you have a REx? It's important to state which model of i3 you have, as the differences in efficiency are not trivial (10-30% worse for the REx).

Surge said:
Simon said:

Do you have a REx? It's important to state which model of i3 you have, as the differences in efficiency are not trivial (10-30% worse for the REx).

That's right! Another difference is linked to the driver's behavior ... when driving a BEV, you tend not to push your chances around the range limit. On a REX, you can make whatever range experiments you want :)

Mine is a BEV.

I went for a BEV before reading all the stuff on this forum....some sort of gut feel and keeping the ICE as a second car....I still feel comfortable with that decision even not having used science to aid the decision evaluation metrics.

This warm weather in the UK is really helping my fuel consumption (Rex). On my journey home yesterday (50 miles) travelling mainly dual carriageway rush hour traffic in eco pro, I averaged 5.8 mi/kwh. So that extrapolates to total range of 109 miles.

Likewise I've seen over 5m/kWh from Rex on mixed country roads, dual carriageways and urban driving in the last few days. Very encouraging.

Guys - in the middle of my two day test drive. Left the dealer pretty uncharged - range showed 29. Charged last night. Says 82 this morning. Most of yesterday in ECO-pro. Will see what today brings. Lots of short hops.

Where do I read the kwh number? In EcoDrive under the imenu?

Ah right - usually have trip computer in the right hand side of split display - I think I forgot to split the display - must go and try that now....thanks.

(and I guess reading the other thread I need to go and get a type 2 cable ASAP)

Warmest day of the year with 25°C right now, but still only +2°C last night.

Checked tire pressure first time yesterday, only 2.2Bar front, 2.6Bar rear. Raised that to max. recommended 2.8/3.0 Bar. May go even a little higher.
Did 43km today, village and country roads, board computer reports 9.6 kWh/100km - 6.5 miles per kWh.

Frank
Germany

Back