SOS button

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilH

Has anybody here (particularly in the UK) used the SOS button to summon help, and if so, can you describe exactly what happened?

Thanks in advance.

I do not know exactly what services are offered in each market, but feel free to press it to get them on-line and just tell them you're verifying that the account information is setup and everything works properly. You're not talking directly to emergency services...you'll be (at least at first) just be connected to BMW. If required, they will then bring in whatever emergency services you might require.

If you still have a connected drive subscription it basically does the same as initiating a concierge call. The car sends the current location and then opens a voice channel to the BMW Service Centre.

Pressing the button will initiate a countdown on the nav screen with the option to cancel. If your connected drive subscription has lapsed the car will make a call to 112 (999/911), the operator will get a cell ID but not long/lat.

Back