State of Charge (SOC) software update

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theo1000

According to this site the latest software update has a SOC display on the BDC. Has anyone tried it yet? Any pictures etc?

https://transportevolved.com/2015/05/02/electragirl-one-year-with-my-2014-bmw-i3/

It has been out since March. Be cautious though, BMW also changed the regen when you lift off the accelerator. Once you get the update you cannot get them to change it back.

planetf1 said:
I think the regen change went in during a late 2014 update...
It changed with the KLE update. NOw, if you skip any interim updates, whenever they DO do an update, you get the latest. The dealer won't do an update every time it is in for something.

Thanx.
So why does the car I bought from the dealer April 16th not have the latest software from March?More than a little annoyed. My dealer service department says it is a 2 day deal. Which is another surprise.

How I know that I have the KLE and SoC software update?

Sorry, I am new to the i3 world. Thanks.

-D

dl41 said:
How I know that I have the KLE and SoC software update?

Sorry, I am new to the i3 world. Thanks.

-D
Everyone that had already had an i3 delivered to them was contacted in the US to make an appointment (this was staged over time as the supply was built up) to get their KLE replaced. Every i3 that didn't already have one that had not been delivered to the dealer's lot yet was held up in the port and BMW swapped them there. So, at least in the USA, on a recently delivered vehicle, it should have at least a new KLE and the resulting software that was released for it to function at full capacity. Now, the SoC display on the vehicle is a totally different software update, and you may not get that unless the car is in for some other issue, or until the accumulated changes mean everyone gets them. If you mean by SoC, to enable the full charging rate associated with the new KLE, it would have been applied as part of swapping the part. There is a service hidden menu that can give you a readout of all of the latest software versions for the various subsystems in your vehicle. Search on hidden menu to find how to access it, then report your software versions, and someone can help. Alternatively, call the iConcierge...that's what they are there for.

Back