Tips and tricks you like about your i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joylove

I've only had it for a few days but I like that turning off the power puts it in Park but you can still set the e-brake.

You can pull into your space, hit Start/Stop and e-brake and get out. Awesome.

Anyone else found any cool tips with their i3? Hidden features? Codable feature that should have been the default?

Folding the side view mirrors in after washing allows the pooled water inside to drain out

preventing first drive blow out all over the sides of your detailed masterpiece

especially on dark colored cars

justanotherdrunk said:
Folding the side view mirrors in after washing allows the pooled water inside to drain out

preventing first drive blow out all over the sides of your detailed masterpiece

Thank you! That had been driving me crazy.

The lever that lets you adjust the steering wheel serves as a handy place to hang your key fob (assuming the ring is large enough). It has enough slope down that it keeps it without fear of sliding off.

Certainly better than any place on the dash, or deep in the center console well, or falling out of the cup holders...

WCqBdkxd

The cupholder insert is another option for holding the key.

Has anyone found a secure place for eyeglasses? I keep a pair of sunglasses in the car for driving, but then I need a place to keep the clear ones..... The sunglasses live under the display when the car is parked, but when moving things slide around there. This i3 is the first car I have driven in a while that did not make a dedicated place for glasses.

I've put a piece of non-slip mat (normally sold by yacht chandleries) into the centre binnacle under the nav display and I've also cut a small piece to go on the right side of the steering wheel (right hand drive) - great place for spec if you can stop them sliding around.

such as this - http://www.nauticalia.com/uk-info/furnishing/galley/isagi_non-slip_fabric/3206.html

I've been keeping my sunglasses in the center armrest.

So far my favorite little Easter Egg is the little notch on the charging cap that allows you to hang it on the door

My wife discovered this...
Pushing hard on the gear selector can bypass going into N.
I used to press twice forward to D, twice backwards to R.

This is in the manual - but I know not everyone reads those things.

There is a 12V port on the underside of the dash, right in the middle.

Back