Touch up paint.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindmachine

I have a 2014 i3 in solar orange and have been trying over a year thru my dealer to get touch-up paint, the black no problem, solar orange a big problem. So finally after my 1 yr checkup survey I complained an got a call from i concierge. It turns out that the color number for the touch up in NA does not match the car color code number. The dealer was able to get the equivalent color in the US after a year of trying to get touch-up paint. Plus I understand several other people have had the same problem with the silver color so you might check into it like I did.

Bummer hopefully not all the colors are so problematic to get. Just noticed a chip on my front bumper don't know how it happened, bummed out :cry: Anyways glad you finally got it!

Glad we settled for boring old grey! I think BMW bought a supertanker load of grey paint back in the 90's and have been trying to use it up ever since.....

Back