Welcome to the BMW i3 Forum

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys,

I'm also new here.
I already managed to transform my house from energy consuming into energy supplying.
There are still some changes on the way, so that I can even drive an i3, without the need to buy the electricity....

Like to see how? Look over here: http://geen-energierekening-meer.weebly.com/index.html (Unfortunately it's only in Dutch. But Google translate might be helpful )

Yes we are very interested in buying the I3. We have ordered a car which we are told will be available Nov 9th.
We will use it primarily as my Wife's car and weekend runabout. We usually only put about 4000 miles per yr. onto this car but feel that the BMW will get used more for the fun and low cost of usage.

Hi BMW and/or electro ethousiasts,

lurking in the shadows of the forum for quite a while, I would like, time allowing, to contribute my 2cts worth to the community, starting with my assessment of the i3 after the Dutch premiere. I hope the forum will stay an interesting community gathering for exchanging tips, tricks and experiences with the i3.
I would like to take the opportunity here to thank Tom for all the interesting blogs about the BMW e-saga and, of course, for starting and maintaining this forum !

Greetings from Holland,
Steven

Greetings and salutations!
I too am new to the i3 Forum. I am VERY excited about purchasing the i3 as soon as it is available. I just put down a deposit at my local dealer in hopes of being one of the first to take delivery this coming spring.

I have read everything that I can find about the i3 but am hoping to learn even more through this Forum. BTW, I just received a Facebook notice today that i3 test drives will be available in my area this coming December. Really hoping that is true. It will be great to get a little real world preview before my actual vehicle comes in.

Kevin said:
Greetings and salutations!
I too am new to the i3 Forum. I am VERY excited about purchasing the i3 as soon as it is available. I just put down a deposit at my local dealer in hopes of being one of the first to take delivery this coming spring.

I have read everything that I can find about the i3 but am hoping to learn even more through this Forum. BTW, I just received a Facebook notice today that i3 test drives will be available in my area this coming December. Really hoping that is true. It will be great to get a little real world preview before my actual vehicle comes in.

Welcome Kevin. It would be helpful if you added your location to your profile. That helps others a lot. For example you said BMW notified you that test drives will be available in your area in December. That is only useful if we knew what area you are talking about. Thanks!

Tom

Still remain to be convinced on i3 but interested.

My current main vehicle since 2002 has been phenomenally efficient - road tax free, capable of over 100 mpg (Imp), 0.25Cd, 81g/km CO2 (lower with WVO/bio fuel) and much more room than a 4 seater design could expect.

Daily 80 mile commute in UK rush hour conditions.
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdQDIvVpwk

More info: http://www.greenconsumerguide.com/audi_a2_tdi.php

Currently 185,000 miles covered.

Audi A2 was the future in 1999 but poor marketing and concentration on more "normal" models meant it never reached it's real world potential.

H2 fuel cell and very long range EV models were envisioned (that's why it has so much space for batteries in floor and boot:

http://www.ndtv.com/photos/business/electric-audi-a2-sets-600-km-single-charge-record-8469

http://www.carpages.co.uk/audi/audi_a2_08_12_04.asp

Hi All,

I'm Golman and am new to the forum but have been browsing for a while now. Thought it would be nice to participate in the forums!

I've also put down a (refundable) deposit for the i3 but will most likely confirm my order in the next week or so, once I have finalised the additional options.

I managed to see the i3 in the flesh and spent a good hour with the car during my visit to BMW Park Lane on Tuesday. Unfortunately test drives wont be available until after 16th Nov when the car launches.

Anyway, I'll keep this message short and look forward to chatting with you all in the other threads!

By for now

Golman

Hello All,
Just joined today...
Any idea when we can order one in US...
Yesterday visited Classic BMW in Plano, they said that two weeks back they had the i3 for private show, just missed it...

Hello everyone!

Here in the UK at the moment, but moving back to Dallas next year. Definitely buying an i3 when I move back home. Been in contact with the bmw dealer here where I got to see the car in the flesh. Can't wait. Hope there is some kind of infrastructure in the planning at home, but I will have for sure the charge box at home in the garage. Also haven't made my mind up yet if I want the REX or just the normal one. I'll make my decision once I'm there. Would have wished to have it as European delivery purchase since I'm here for a few more months and then ship it home, but I doubt it will be available that way at first. Glad to be part of the forum, and will post the pics I got of the i3 I got to see. Take care all!

Just became a member.

Ordered a i3 last week (in Netherlands), without the RangeExtender.

In about 2weeks I will know what the date of produktion is going to be.

Greetings,

Marcel

Hi everyone,

Joined forum last week! Also have ordered the i3 last week.
Think it's going to be an adventure... because it will be my primary car...
decided that all other cars have to go!

Cheers!

Hello all. Joined last week. Interested in this car. Will need to see and drive in person.

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area in sunny CA.

Just joined the forum yesterday.
Pre ordered my I3 in August and are waiting for the call to do the final order!
Hoping to get my car in February next year!
Think I will be the first in my hometown Skien (Norway) to have the I3

Joined the forum today. Hooked on electric cars after having a Nissan Leaf for a day. But sorry Nissan - no range extender means it is very difficult to have as the main family car.

I expect to order my i3 in about 1 month from now. I want to test drive it first to just double-check the ride. But having sat in one in the showroom and read the reviews, and am very excited. Also, having done the maths, i reckon I can have a brand new i3 for not much more than the monthly outlay on my 2.5 year old Renault Megane which I have on HP. That is ploughing the fuel savings into the lease cost.

Any people thinking of buying one in the Alton, Hants area?

honks123 said:
Joined the forum today. Hooked on electric cars after having a Nissan Leaf for a day. But sorry Nissan - no range extender means it is very difficult to have as the main family car.

I expect to order my i3 in about 1 month from now. I want to test drive it first to just double-check the ride. But having sat in one in the showroom and read the reviews, and am very excited. Also, having done the maths, i reckon I can have a brand new i3 for not much more than the monthly outlay on my 2.5 year old Renault Megane which I have on HP. That is ploughing the fuel savings into the lease cost.

Any people thinking of buying one in the Alton, Hants area?

Welcome! Please take a moment and fill in the location in your profile. It is helpful to know where everybody is from.
Thanks!

Hello,

I am Jeff Southern from Kennesaw GA in the US. I am very interested in the BMW i3 and look forward to chatting about it on this forum.

You can see my current EV at: www.EVThing.me

Great conversion, Jeff! If it's within your range, you should bring your Thing to the next EV Club Of The South meeting. We meet on the third Wednesday of every month at Manuel's Tavern in Atlanta, near Little Five Points.

http://www.evclubsouth.org/

I'm leaning towards the i3 as my next EV, and may be the first in the state to get one. I am currently driving an early Chevy Volt ( www.FirstVoltInGeorgia.com ).

Back