Wrong Color Displayed in "My BMW"

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultraturtle

I entered my order into the BMW USA "My BMW" link so I could track the vehicle's progress through production, shipping, and delivery. Unfortunately, on the "Add/Remove Vehicle" page it shows the wrong color. I ordered Laurel Grey, but it is listed as Andesite Silver:

my_BMW.jpg

The dealer Vehicle Inquiry Report shows the correct color, so I suspect this may be a problem with the website. Is anyone else having a problem getting the correct color displayed for their vehicle on this page? I'd hate to wait 3 months for delivery, only to start the clock again when it shows up in the wrong color.

I have exactly the same situation - I ordered Laurel Grey, and I see Andesite Silver. I'm assuming that it's an order update thing and it'll sort itselv out, since color and wheels are the only thing that can change.

I have the same issue as well. I saw the printout from the dealer that was sent to BMW in Germany that shows the correct color (Solar Orange). But in order tracker, it shows up as "Andesite Silver/BMW i Frozen B".

I am not too concerned as i saw the actual order form sent to BMW and that has all the right information.

pokiri said:
I have exactly the same situation - I ordered Laurel Grey, and I see Andesite Silver. I'm assuming that it's an order update thing and it'll sort itself out...

carbonblackcab said:
I have the same issue as well. I saw the printout from the dealer that was sent to BMW in Germany that shows the correct color (Solar Orange). But in order tracker, it shows up as "Andesite Silver/BMW i Frozen B".

I am not too concerned as i saw the actual order form sent to BMW and that has all the right information.

Thanks guys, that makes me feel a lot better. Andesite Silver is the first color listed, and is probably a placeholder entry until they have a chance to add the capability to display the actual color ordered.

I just added my car in and see the same thing. My dealer sent me a copy of my order earlier, which has the correct color, so my guess is the correct color will display when the car actually goes into production.

Usually the color showing in “My BMW” online is the original color the car was assigned. As long as the dealer version has the correct color your order will be fine.

Back