Business Navigation Retrofit

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverpanda

Hi All,

Did anyone get an i3 with a missing business navigation? What was the resolution? Retrofit? Buyback?

Thanks

I guess no one recently had this issue. If you do, they fix it. Take it to the service center, and make sure to tell them to look for BMW NA announcements about this retrofit dating back to Sept. of 2014. (Otherwise they might not know what to do.) It takes about a week, and they will strive to ensure customer satisfaction.

Funny, I think the base model REx I had as an extended test drive just last week had this issue! :shock:

I expected it to have the smaller screen and less features, but I did not expect it to be completely missing navigation entirely! There was no "nav" button on the iDrive controller and nothing I could find in the menus.

I guess this brand new car already needed a service. Kind of a joke that the dealer doesn't fix cars on their own lot before a customer comes in to buy one. Sheesh.

My experience with service in the East Coast is that you have to be proactive informing service about the i3. This forum is such an asset in this regard. I know BMW has trained i3 technicians, but the majority of service personnel don't appear familiar with the car, which I find causes delays and general confusion. I'm not sure if there are i3 service reps, but that would be helpful. The service reps I worked with at three different centers were all new to the i3. You'd think a year into it, BMW would centralize the data and train the service centers. If they do, it doesn't feel evident in my area. Perhaps the service centers in the cities are savvier (NYC, LA, Atlanta, DC?)

Back