20" Summer to 19" Tire Rack Winter Kit.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itnetpro

So other then connecting the tire sensors is there any other adjustment that needs to be done switching to the 19" rims with Winter tires from the 20" Summer? Is the diameter (Winter Tires more rubber) still the same between the two?

You shouldn't have to do anything. The 20's are slightly wider in the rear, whereas the 19 kit will be uniform for all 4. Either way, won't matter.

All you have to do is go into the I-drive menu and find TPMS reset option. I think it asks you to confirm you want to do it, and then just drive. After awhile, assuming you don't have defective or the wrong type of sensors, they'll work. Note, they do have internal batteries, and eventually, those will die, requiring you to replace the whole sensor. If you're lucky, and you bought OEM ones (TireRacks are not - they're an aftermarket version), if they die before the warranty runs out, BMW will replace them, otherwise, you're on your own.

Back