2018 i3s REx in Vancouver, BC

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboFizz

Recently purchased my first BMW i3 - a 2018 i3s REx in Fluid Black with a red wrap. I'm the 3rd or 4th owner. This is my first electric car, and first vehicle purchase in over 20 years. Hard to describe how fun it is to drive. In addition to being partially wrapped, and having tinted windows in the rear, it is also sporting the same tires in the front as in the rear, although the stock configuration of the i3s has smaller tires in the front.

Considering trying to find a 2019 or newer i3s eventually to upgrade from a 94 Ah to a 120 Ah battery. But so far, the 94 Ah with REx handles all of my driving use cases fine. I've coded it to access the hold state of charge menu for the range extender to facilitate longer trips when needed.

20231126_121307.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.....I live in Vancouver too and I must say I have not seen a red i3 in town. Great city car ! How is the wrap keeping?

Nice.....I live in Vancouver too and I must say I have not seen a red i3 in town. Great city car ! How is the wrap keeping?
Thanks! The wrap is still in good shape. The previous owner removed a few elements of the wrap for aesthetics, like the hood for example. I like that it also adds a layer of protection to the original paint. Well, honk if you see me! I try to wave to any other i3 drivers I come across, but so far no one has waved back... I don't see that many out there around the Lower Mainland. What kind of i3 do you drive?

Thanks! The wrap is still in good shape. The previous owner removed a few elements of the wrap for aesthetics, like the hood for example. I like that it also adds a layer of protection to the original paint. Well, honk if you see me! I try to wave to any other i3 drivers I come across, but so far no one has waved back... I don't see that many out there around the Lower Mainland. What kind of i3 do you drive?
A white and black 2020 i3S. Great car for Vancouver .

Back