BMW I3 -Most Dangerious Steering Of Any Car I've Owned!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idleup said:
Hey look somebody has to look after you guys - and expose the weakness in them - as I mentioned in detail, its all too easy to over-steer the car and lose control and find your self in a ditch or up-side down. As you know, its not an I8, the car is tall and narrow.

Don't get me wrong, I love driving the I3 - I love the power, the EV range - its cute - easy to park - but it has numerous areas that need attention plus the distinct honor of the highest depreciated value of any car in its price range. $22,000 lost in 5 months - it would have been less painful to slit my wrists! LOL

Regards!
I know what you mean, I was killed 3 times when I took my i3 autocrossing.

Not read all the thread but does the OP state his previous vehicle before the i3? Probably a road train the way he is feeling towards the steering on the i3. Its simple physics...fast steering with skinny arse tyres, big wheels and narrow wheel track equals skittish ride at higher motorway speeds.

Driver mod needed IMO. :p

I did post a few of my current cars which are; BMW I8 - Corvette C7 - Cadillac ELR - International MXT & GMC Denali.

The only problem Steering wise with the I3 is the fact is the fact BMW is not reducing the sensitivity as the speed increase. I have had many conversations with them and they are aware of the fact yet no patch for the electric steering processor.

Thanks

Idleup said:
I did post a few of my current cars which are; BMW I8 - Corvette C7 - Cadillac ELR - International MXT & GMC Denali.

The only problem Steering wise with the I3 is the fact is the fact BMW is not reducing the sensitivity as the speed increase. I have had many conversations with them and they are aware of the fact yet no patch for the electric steering processor.

Thanks

And I sure as hell hope they don't as I like it fine the way it is. Getting tired of you complainers who dislike it and are in the minority getting the car changed is disgusting on many levels. If you did not like it why did you buy it. Getting real tired of all you people who didn't do their homework before buying and then want to piss and moan and want it changed to suit yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back