Car seat for BMW i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Hello!

My husband and I purchased an i3. We are not disappointed, but there is one thing that's bothering us. The Britax Marathon our one year old daughter is using is not a good match for this car. Even when it is installed, it's still hard to get our daughter in. And it's hard to get her out. Any advice?

Jamie said:
Hello!

My husband and I purchased an i3. We are not disappointed, but there is one thing that's bothering us. The Britax Marathon our one year old daughter is using is not a good match for this car. Even when it is installed, it's still hard to get our daughter in. And it's hard to get her out. Any advice?

Hi,

I posted this in another thread on here:-

We have a Cybex Sirona - http://cybex-online.com/gb/carseats/sirona.html that we tried in the back of the i3 that we borrowed. It fits and still allows for a front passenger. It is a rear facing seat that rotates to allow for easier access.

My daughter is 20 months old, and has been using this since she was 12 months. Should be good until she is 4 years old.

We get the i3 at the beginning of October, so, not too long to wait now.

killban

Jamie said:
Hello!

You should really listen to the advice of Killban. In general, it's always a good idea to lurk some more before posting. Or even simply to search some. You could have seen at least two similar topics, you know.

That said, I really feel the need to assume the role of Captain Obvious for a while. Based on what you said, it may not be the car seat that is the problem but the way you install it. This is not intended to shock you, I'm not trying to get a rise out of you or anything like that. It's just that most people, and by that I mean up to 70%, do not install their car seats properly. Which is not good for safety, of course. But, aside from not being good for safety, an improperly installed car seat can be rather difficult to use. Which seems to be your problem.

Naturally, it can be that the seat really is to blame. If so, I'd suggest getting the smallest car seat you can find. A Cybex does sound like a good idea. Although it would be best to start from here.

I have actually posted something similar. No worries, no need to search through the database, I am happy to discuss about this again.

I have a Clek Fllo installed in reverse. It is too long for the car in this position.

I agree that it is quite awkward to put the child in the car seat. It's both difficult doing it in the car, and outside the car standing at the rear door.

I am thinking the car is more suited for a smaller car seat in reverse, or the issue will be resolved once the car sear is in the forward-facing position.

Back