Front senses

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikestaf35

hello just wondering if anyone could offer some advice please
I recently bought a bmw i3 with the PDC I had a Mercedes with front and rear parking senses which the front senses would become active once the car slowed down to a part, my question can the i3 do the same, I have tried pulling in to the drive but the front senses don't activate I've been told that I will need to hold the parking button near to the parking button for the front senses to be active. Is this correct?

mikestaf35 said:
hello just wondering if anyone could offer some advice please
I recently bought a bmw i3 with the PDC I had a Mercedes with front and rear parking senses which the front senses would become active once the car slowed down to a part, my question can the i3 do the same, I have tried pulling in to the drive but the front senses don't activate I've been told that I will need to hold the parking button near to the parking button for the front senses to be active. Is this correct?
Just leave the parking assist on (light on switch lit), and your front and rear sensors will work when you are going slow. Just ignore it when it tells you it found a space it can parallel park into.

The front parking sensors do activate automatically at very low speed when you get quite close to an object–already in the red zone. The automatic function essentially is just for the final bit of maneuvering. I suspect the system design is to reduce false alarms. My previous vehicle had front sensors that came on anytime the speed was below 10 mph. It produced frequent false alarms in stop and go traffic, at crosswalks, etc. I much prefer the BMW system. But as previous posters have pointed out, you can always activate them manually.

Back