High mileage in a i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDM

I wonder what is the highest mileage anybody has achieved in a i3? I think some owners may have got into the low 20 thousand miles but has anyone got above 30 thousand. Mine is just over 2 years old and as a second car only used for short around town runs I have only done 6000 miles. I suspect many have also only recorded very low annual mileage but I might be quite wrong.

There are a number of drivers who approach 50k miles. I think the most impressive driver was in the 40s and had almost half of his miles on Rex (which is encouraging to know it can handle that much use).

I've done almost 40k miles in an April 2014 BEV. Apart from the very early days when it had a 12V battery terminal issue, a software update that slowed down the charge rate (rectified by a charging unit replacement as a recall), it has been pretty well faultless.

The mileage has been done on motorways, in and out of London and generally mixed local roads.

It's on its third set of rear tyres, second set of fronts (in the UK best to plan ahead as the tyres can be hard to get hold of). We've had a cracked windscreen replaced, which involves the removal of the A pillar trims, which turn out to be very delicate indeed!

I've regularly used CCS charging, which was unreliable at first (the charging units, not the car) and generally keep the car hooked up to a 7kW charger when parked at home. No noticeable deterioration in range from what I can see. As has been said in many posts, the main determinants of actual range are speed, outside temperature and headwinds - if you drive fast up a motorway on a cold day into a headwind you might get 60 miles out of a charge. In central London it barely seems to use up any range.

It makes any other car I jump into seem very old-fashioned in comparison! Happy chap :)

59,507 miles is the current community max mileage display for me in the iRemote app. However I am not sure if this is filtered down to territory and/or i3 model.

Back