i3 App, how to remove old routes

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGS9500

I picked my car up as a dealer loaner car. On checking my i3 app, there are multiple routes listed for the prior people who used the car. The problem is that all of these routes are both useless and annoying to see.

How can I remove them? There is nothing in the app guide or the handbook.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when looking at the routes, the options menu does not give and "delete" or remove option.

It appears that routes stay in the system forever. There must be a way of getting the system to purge the memory.

Any help?

Are you sure they're from the previous owner? Not trying to hide some trips from the missus are you? :lol:

FrancisJeffries said:
Get Map on screen;
Press routes;
scroll down to the one you want to remove;
press options;
scroll down to delete;
select - and - hey, presto! It's gone
:D

Not on my app it isn't. There is no Options button.......

WoodlandHills said:
FrancisJeffries said:
Get Map on screen;
Press routes;
scroll down to the one you want to remove;
press options;
scroll down to delete;
select - and - hey, presto! It's gone
:D

Not on my app it isn't. There is no Options button.......
This is IN the car. There is an options button around the iDrive dial (along with a back, and the direct buttons for various main menu functions like radio, nav, etc.).

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I didn't realize it could only be removed in the car menu... and, what a hidden method.

It's under maps, then destinations, then hit a destination, then options on the mouse control, then scroll to delete, and delete one at a time.

But it does work

Thanks..

Keep in mind, much of what the app is showing is NOT stored in the app (well, some of it is an echo), it's coming from the car, or at least came from there. Essentially, the car has last call on what's what.

Back