Seat Heating - individually controllable?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, one button at each end of the row corresponding to each seat:
2014-BMW-i3-interior-infotainment.jpg

oldbillygoat said:
My wife and I often drive alone to shop [her] or geocache [me] and so I’m wondering if the seat heaters can be controlled individually. I can’t tell from the option picture or description.

Yes, each front seat's heater can be controlled individually, but for some inexplicable reason BMW has chosen to make it so that in the i3 there is only one overall heating temperature available, not the usual separate temperature for the driver and passenger.

Which is not a problem if you don't drive with your spouse of if (unlike my situation) you and your spouse like the same temperature. :)

tiburonh said:
oldbillygoat said:
My wife and I often drive alone to shop [her] or geocache [me] and so I’m wondering if the seat heaters can be controlled individually. I can’t tell from the option picture or description.

Yes, each front seat's heater can be controlled individually, but for some inexplicable reason BMW has chosen to make it so that in the i3 there is only one overall heating temperature available, not the usual separate temperature for the driver and passenger.

Which is not a problem if you don't drive with your spouse of if (unlike my situation) you and your spouse like the same temperature. :)

I think it's very explicable in an EV; where every amp counts you don't want a heating system and a cooling system fighting in the same air volume in the cabin!

Like you, my wife and I run to radically different internal thermometers - in our ICE, she'll frequently have her side set to pump out heat while I chill with it set to cold aircon. I think I'll invest in a blanket for her when the i3 arrives!

Back