SOLD : 2014 BMW i3 3800mi $35500 located Beaverton Oregon

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockysnail

SOLD

2014 BMW i3
MSRP was $43,175
Selling price: $35,500
Current mileage: 3,800

Factory Options:
-Laurel Grey Metallic paint w/ frozen blue accents ($550 option)
-Heated seats ($350 option)
-Mega World package: Mega Carum Spice Grey Sensatec & Carum Spice Grey Cloth
-Home/travel charge kit

Dealer Installed Options MSRP $499:
-i3 luggage compartment protection kit
-Front luggage tray & cable bag
-i3 all weather rubber floor mats
-BMW wheel locks

BMW genuine options installed by me MSRP $210:
-i3 frozen blue front and rear license plate frames $100
-i3 luminescent frozen blue key fob cover $30
-Front license plate mount kit for front tow hook (no drilling like factory plate mount) $80

Warranty:
4yrs/50k mile

Pictures here: https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/54dc4f9c779f4b444f422848/garage

Selling because I need to save up for a house instead of pay for this car.

Comes with all original documents, booklets, window sticker, DMV paperwork, purchase paperwork.

This is the fully electric version without the range extender. I typically get around 75 miles on a charge if I don't use the heater/ac, and around 65 if I do use the heater/ac. The car is in perfect condition, possibly better than new cars that have been test driven. I love this car possibly more than any other car I've own but I need to sell it so I can buy a house. I just purchased it a few months ago. I will definitely consider buying another one after I'm able to purchase a house. 

The i3 was rated the most efficient car in America. This car is made in a 100% environmentally friendly environment. You'll never need to go through DEQ ever again with this vehicle. This car handles great. BMW says it's the quickest car they sell from 0-30mph and I believe it! It's very comfortable and feels very open. With the aggressive regenerative braking you will only need to use the brakes during emergencies, which means you may never need to replace the brake pads. The maintenance on this car is nearly non-existent, which combined with the fact you never need to go to a gas station again means this is the most simple car you'll ever own. It costs me about $30-40 per month in electricity to drive this compared to my previous cars at $160 per month in fuel at 25mpg.

For those of you that ask why buy used when I can buy new and get the $7500 tax rebate, what they don't tell you is that you won't get the entire amount back if you have any other deductions and credits like when you own a home or business. I didn't get it. I don't see anyone getting the full amount unless they don't have any other deductions or credits.

stockysnail said:
ITestStuff said:
stockysnail said:
I don't see anyone getting the full amount unless they don't have any other deductions or credits.
You're wrong.

You guys are lucky then.
$68750 as married filing jointly using the standard deductions should be $7500 in tax liability for 2014.

And that's sort of low for buying a $40k car.

Even without the tax credits, I see new i3's going for your asking price. Good luck, looks like you'll need it.

Schnort said:
$68750 as married filing jointly using the standard deductions should be $7500 in tax liability for 2014.

And that's sort of low for buying a $40k car.
True, but even with higher income, with enough itemized deductions and other tax credits, one might not receive the full $7,500 tax credit. I received the full tax credit when I bought my Mitsubishi i-MiEV in 2012 but did not receive the full tax credit when I bought my i3, and I received no tax credit for my 2014 EVSE installation which was disappointing.

Back