the i3 app and 'recuperation'

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noakey

Hi all..

Does anyone know that the recuperation figure in the i3 app actually means... I mean I know its energy recovered and pushed back into the batteries.. but the units of miles/kwh are confusing. I often achieve 30 or even 40 miles/kwh of recuperation, but I dont really know what this means. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance

I think it means how many miles have you travelled per kwh recuperated. So a lower figure means more recuperation. My average is 30 mi/kwh - so on my 60 mile commute I guess that means that the battery recouped 2 kwh of juice.

It is confusing - I think that kwh/mile would have made more sense.

It's certainly confusing. And really not very useful. If your driving profile mostly gives you a choice between coasting or regenerative braking then you want the least recuperation (the highest miles/kWh). On the other hand if your choice is generally between regenerative or friction braking you want the opposite.

amateurish said:
I think it means how many miles have you travelled per kwh recuperated. So a lower figure means more recuperation. My average is 30 mi/kwh - so on my 60 mile commute I guess that means that the battery recouped 2 kwh of juice.

It is confusing - I think that kwh/mile would have made more sense.

Ahhh that would explain my high numbers... 90% of my 65 mile commute is on motorway where there is little opportunity for regeneration. .. Thank you...

Do you know how to interpret the bumpy hill thing on the app?

Thank yoooo

i'm still green with envy... :(

On the 5 series in Eco pro the bumps smooth out the more efficiently you drive.

Can't wait to try and compare this stuff. Going for a long term test drive this next week. The wing mirrors, AC control panel, stored 8 buttons and the software all look exactly the same as the five series. I had a brief play with the iDrive whilst my partner was driving and that seemed identical as well apart from there are some different menu options.

Back