UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My i3 (ordered 14th dec) has also arrived at the dealer on 12th April but it still has not been pdi'd however I am delaying its registration because of a private registration issue.

Ordered Rex end of November, originally told April delivery,then May,then June, then November,then June. What is happening that BMW can't give me and keep to a date?
The latest problem is because of the suit interior option.i have not change the original order which I know can cause problems. I am seriously thinking of cancelling

BrianStanier said:
Ordered our Rex end of November. Have just been told it is on its way from Germany and expected here beginning of May.

Fiish dont cancel.. I ordered in november with an april delivery which moved to june then april now may... in fact 7 may... it will come....

BEV ordered 29th November. Arrived at dealers last week. Got a bit excited and went to see it on Thursday, still had the white plastic on bonnet and roof and foam protector on doors. Charger being installed Wed morning, fetch car home that afternoon. :D :D

ChrisRayner said:
BEV ordered 29th November. Arrived at dealers last week. Got a bit excited and went to see it on Thursday, still had the white plastic on bonnet and roof and foam protector on doors. Charger being installed Wed morning, fetch car home that afternoon. :D :D
ChrisRayner said:

Hey that's great... i am just one week behind you...

noakey said:
ChrisRayner said:
ChrisRayner said:

Hey that's great... i am just one week behind you...

Like New York. So good I got quoted twice! :lol:

There are a right mix of delivery performance happening listening to you all.

I ordered my car at the end of November and was given a date of mid May. It then came forward to w/c 20th April with a build date of w/c 28th March.

The lease company confirmed the car was built in the last week of march but then UK Delivery slipped to w/c 27th April.

I pestered the Lease company who confirmed the car arrived at the dealer on the 29th April.

So I start dreaming of getting it Friday 2nd May - I mean how long can a PDI take.

I then get the Government rebate forms through on 30th April and I note on the last page it says estimated delivery of the 12th May.

What are they doing with the car for nearly 2 whole weeks?

very frustrated at such delays

I have just been told my car is in transit so no information is available - really this is the 21st Century I now have an estimated 15th May delivery. We will see.

I ordered 15 February (Rex model) and delivery date to dealer is quoted as 15 October. Keep hoping this will change for the better but no joy yet!

WARBIEGUNNER said:

I ordered my car at the end of November and was given a date of mid May. It then came forward to w/c 20th April with a build date of w/c 28th March.

The lease company confirmed the car was built in the last week of march but then UK Delivery slipped to w/c 27th April.

I pestered the Lease company who confirmed the car arrived at the dealer on the 29th April.

So I start dreaming of getting it Friday 2nd May - I mean how long can a PDI take.

I then get the Government rebate forms through on 30th April and I note on the last page it says estimated delivery of the 12th May.

What are they doing with the car for nearly 2 whole weeks?

very frustrated at such delays

That not right! my i3 was ordered in December, I changed the spec of the car in January. I then changed the spec again in March. Car was made on 27th March and the dealer had it on the 15th.

By the way do you know at what point is the £5k government grant added in the invoice calculation? there can be a saving on VAT of nearly £1000 if its at the very beginning.

WARBIEGUNNER said:

That is why I started this thread. Mine was ordered 22 Jan and expected delivery is currently Sept. Given that BMW originally wanted to sell this direct to the customer I would have thought they would have a more transparent order system in place. It seems to be real pot luck on what actual date you get and the waiting time is also apparently dependant on the country its ordered from! My delivery date still appears to be based on my dealers best guess and nothing else until they get an update from BMW. Very frustrating and at times makes me want to change my mind and cancel!

Interesting - How long after placing your order did you see this? When did you order yours?

Are you reading this Jazz? (My iGenius!)

RJSATLBA said:
It really shouldn't be your dealer's guess, mine showed me the relevant screen in BMW's scheduling/planning system which shows build week and delivery week.

My experience is that the dealer will say nothing until they see it go into build and even then there could be shipping delays - not so much a factor for UK - but something they can't control and therefore don't make promises on.

Would be nice if we could have read-only access to that system as the American's seem to do.

Sounds like all Leather orders are at the back of the queue and not even scheduled yet.

MikeS said:
Interesting - How long after placing your order did you see this? When did you order yours?

Are you reading this Jazz? (My iGenius!)

About a week after ordering the i3 my dealer phoned and told me it was scheduled for late Aug build and early Sep delivery. At the time of placing the order he'd told me I could expect a monthly call from him, at the first such call he quoted the build/delivery weeks as 33/36, then a month later confirmed no change.

I've just added Harman Kardon to the spec despite some concerns re the risk of the order going to the back of the queue, when I called in to sign the amended order he showed me the screen and he phoned a couple of days later to say that the amendment had been processed and the dates were unchanged but if it slipped he'd see what he could do.

Howdy folks!

We ordered our REx on Monday 14 April and have been quoted a build week of 20 October with a delivery week of 10 November. The only options we went with are adaptive LEDs and DC fast charge. We were told at the time that the CFRP passenger cell production was the holdup globally and that there was a confirmed production increase that week to help meet demand. Without making any commitments/promises, they said there is a possibility of production week moving forward.

5-6 month wait times are pretty standard for made-to-order vehicles of any make. In the past year, co-workers have ordered Vauxhall's, Benz', Nissan's, and BMW's and all waited 5-6 months. The guys who ordered Vauxhall and Benz' had logins to a tracking system that they could see 'live' info on where their build was at.

We're patient and not fussy about having to wait for a new car (#firstworldproblems). The i3 will make us a 2-car household which is presently the only demand on wanting ours sooner--some days our schedules don't sync up and only having 1 car is an inconvenience.

Still waiting for Rex ordered end of November, looks like the end of June for delivery.The hold -up seems to be the suite interior. Spotted my first i3 yesterday, M1 junction 12 with foreign plates, looked cool in white.

Latest posts

Back