Any issues with March 2015 BMW i3 Software Release

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupedncal

Couple of questions related to the latest March 2015 software release.

(1) Could someone publish list of updates that were included in the March 2015 update? The only one i have heard about is the ability to remove EVSE cable while car is locked.

(2) Are there any known bugs in this update that we should know about?

(3) Do I need to pretty please the dealer to update the software or is this part of their normal SOP when a car goes in for service. My one month old car is due to encore visit where they will need to resolve some of my iRemote features not working problem so i was hoping I could ask them to update the software as well. Unless, someone here believes there are some problems with this update.

coupedncal said:
Couple of questions related to the latest March 2015 software release.

(1) Could someone publish list of updates that were included in the March 2015 update? The only one i have heard about is the ability to remove EVSE cable while car is locked.

(2) Are there any known bugs in this update that we should know about?

(3) Do I need to pretty please the dealer to update the software or is this part of their normal SOP when a car goes in for service. My one month old car is due to encore visit where they will need to resolve some of my iRemote features not working problem so i was hoping I could ask them to update the software as well. Unless, someone here believes there are some problems with this update.

SSi3 said:
- "After months of testing, BMW is releasing an important software update for the i3 REx model. The new update will display the state of charge (SOC) percentage in the upper left corner of the dashboard, as well as in the board computer display in order for the customer to better manage the vehicle range."

Excuse my ignorance but is there any means of checking what software version is installed on my car. It was built in early March but I cannot see a SOC percentage in the upper left corner of the dashboard. Could this be a US specific update?

S3RDP said:
Excuse my ignorance but is there any means of checking what software version is installed on my car. It was built in early March but I cannot see a SOC percentage in the upper left corner of the dashboard. Could this be a US specific update?

Yes, you can check it from the iDrive controller. Look in Settings--I checked the software version on the loaner I had so I can't tell you the precise menu anymore.

spinball said:
S3RDP said:

Yes, you can check it from the iDrive controller. Look in Settings--I checked the software version on the loaner I had so I can't tell you the precise menu anymore.
The iDrive accessible SW version is for the entertainment system, not the main computer.

You can get the main SW version from backing up your settings (through the iDrive) to a USB stick, and then using a text editor to read the contents of the .mpd file stored on that stick. It will be near the top prefaced with the version tag "<i-step>".

S3RDP said:

SOC percentage is one of the onboard computer options. Press the BC botton on the salk on the left of the steering column
BMW-i3-steering-wheel.jpg
. You will cycle through other display options like outside temperature etc...

JayC said:
S3RDP said:

SOC percentage is one of the onboard computer options. Press the BC botton on the salk on the left of the steering column
BMW-i3-steering-wheel.jpg
. You will cycle through other display options like outside temperature etc...

I don't think mine is updated yet and I don't have SOC in the rotating list either, are you sure yours is up to date?

Back