Australian pricing for the BMW i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From all I have heard, paint protection is recommended only by salesmen at the dealership, ask anyone else and they all agree it is a waste of your money. The dealers like it though.....

Yes test drives for Brisbane are close now as ours is next Friday arvo. The ordered car due to arrive Brisbane on 4/12 hopefully. Paint protection I would suggest passing it up and going with window tint instead. Anyone had a quote on tint from Brisbane BMW for their i3 ??

Regards

Gazza

So I decided not to go with the paint package etc. The tinting quote for about $800, so I figured I would see the car and if needed go with TIntacar

The difficulty I am having is finding auto insurers who would cover it. BMW has given me a ridiculuous price of around $1850.

Otherwise, pick up booked at 12 pm this friday.

wshaikh said:
pick up booked at 12 pm this friday.

Report! Where are the photos and delivery report?

Hope it all went well. I'm hoping mine gets moving next week but still waiting to hear...

Hi guys

So good that things are finally happening after a long wait for many of us. Had our test drive of a BEV model today in Brisbane and came away really very impressed. Kind of expected it. Waiting to hear back on a delivery date but it should be quite close.

Re the insurance I had a quote from Shannons of $1350 and another from my other current insurer, Budget Direct of $600 approx. I know we all need to exercise due diligence around insurance and with a quote like this I will be double checking again before I go with them. Their Gold cover increases the new car replacement to 24 mths and can option windscreen inclusion and choice of repairer. Just seems too good so do your own checks....

Cheers Gazza

So have finally picked up my i3 this evening. It is amazing! The push back on stamping the accelerator is great! Very refined. Very happy.

wshaikh said:
So have finally picked up my i3 this evening. It is amazing! The push back on stamping the accelerator is great! Very refined. Very happy.

Where are the Photos? :)

Did your dealer mention the KLE upgrade?

We have an i3, finally!

Picked it up from the transport company this morning, took it to the government vehicle inspection place (who struggled, but were friendly, not bureaucratic) then on to the registration dept. all done by lunchtime.

KLE upgrade was performed before delivery. Very happy with the car!

Any Aussies looking to replace the white floor mats with something darker?

The dealer quoted me nearly $500 for a replacement set of dark mats from Germany. That's unfortunate, so I started looking around and found a supplier who would make mats from a template I supplied. I traced the existing mats and sent the plans off before Christmas and the new mats arrived today in a nice charcoal with the BMW roundel sewn into each side of the front mat. They use the standard velcro attachments and are very nicely finished, look factory. $99 plus $12 post. The only real difference is the lack of the moulded-in shape over the hump.

www.customcarmats.com.au (no connection, just a happy customer)

They have digitised my plans and can now make mats for the i3 to order.

Latest posts

Back