Australian pricing for the BMW i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interior Worlds pricing:

FfH8UcKl.jpg

NCO is no cost option.

I don't understand why there's the three prices. One inc luxury car tax and then inc both that and GST. Why would LCT apply to options if the price of the vehicle is under LCT?

Houdini said:
I don't understand why there's the three prices. One inc luxury car tax and then inc both that and GST. Why would LCT apply to options if the price of the vehicle is under LCT?
I think it depends on your chosen specification whether the vehicle comes over LCT. If you option it up, it must go over, especially with the REX.

Remember:
LCT is only payable at the rate of 33% of the value of the GST-exclusive value which exceeds the LCT threshold.

LCT is based on the EX-GST invoice value of the actual vehicle and options, not the base price.

The three columns are mislabelled and confusing. LCT is 33% but if you look at the price for leather, $1399 + 33% LCT = $1861! $1399 + 10% GST = $1538

They should probably just have the ex/ex price and let people work it out from there.

Houdini said:
Drive away pricing for each:
Electric: $70,448.10
Range extended (Rex): $76,748.10

So much for the $50K to $70K we were promised. Oh well the EV is almost $70K. I don't think they'll sell as well as BMW thinks so you may see a low km demo that sells for under $70K.

#wooo.. is that the pricing before optional extras?

noakey said:
Houdini said:
Drive away pricing for each:
Electric: $70,448.10
Range extended (Rex): $76,748.10

So much for the $50K to $70K we were promised. Oh well the EV is almost $70K. I don't think they'll sell as well as BMW thinks so you may see a low km demo that sells for under $70K.

#wooo.. is that the pricing before optional extras?

Yes that's the base price. Our base spec has a few extras above and beyond the base models sold overseas which is what they're using to justify a higher price than originally spoken of for launch over here.

Drive away price is a term we use for inclusive of dealer delivery, registration, all on road costs essentially.

Hi, I have a deposit on an i3 and am equally pissed off at the random cost of these vehicles. For example, if you live in Queensland you will pay 2% stamp duty ($1400) and $2000 delivery charge (I have a quote). If you live in WA you will pay 6.5% stamp duty ($4500) plus $5000 delivery charge (I have a quote). That's a $6100 difference across the country. Incidentally, in the approved BMW release documents the BMW Australia recommended dealer delivery charge is $2500. So the WA dealership is taking the piss it seems! :evil:

Sopley13 said:
Hi, I have a deposit on an i3 and am equally pissed off at the random cost of these vehicles. For example, if you live in Queensland you will pay 2% stamp duty ($1400) and $2000 delivery charge (I have a quote). If you live in WA you will pay 6.5% stamp duty ($4500) plus $5000 delivery charge (I have a quote). That's a $6100 difference across the country. Incidentally, in the approved BMW release documents the BMW Australia recommended dealer delivery charge is $2500. So the WA dealership is taking the piss it seems! :evil:

Agree regarding the dealer delivery fee. Stamp duty has nothing to do with BMW though, the states all have different charges!

Has anyone been able to negotiate the dealer delivery fee yet?

Placed an order at the Brisbane BMW this week. Electric only with Drive Assist, Metallic Paint, HK Sound, Glazing, Comfort Key, 20" Alloys, LED - $74k driveway!

wshaikh said:
Placed an order at the Brisbane BMW this week. Electric only with Drive Assist, Metallic Paint, HK Sound, Glazing, Comfort Key, 20" Alloys, LED - $74k driveway!

Congratulations! I think that is a good price compared to others I have heard. Do you know when will it arrive?

I33t said:
wshaikh said:

Congratulations! I think that is a good price compared to others I have heard. Do you know when will it arrive?

I was advised that the orders will go across to build on 6 June, and I can expect the vehicle in late October or early Nov.

wshaikh said:

That is a great price. I was advised today that there are Australian cars being built in a July order but looking at delivery to customers November 15th. We're getting closer :)

Sopley13 said:

Well my uncle just signed for an i3 from Brisbane BMW and they slapped a $7500 delivery charge! :shock: The salesguy spouted some nonsense about how there is no room for negotiation and that they offload delivery prep to some third party and that's the cost that they are just passing on. Unfortunately I only found out they were buying one yesterday, and I did not find this thread until too late or I would have called the salesguy on his BS with some evidence. I *did* ask my uncle to give me time to find out what other people are paying but he was too afraid of missing out, sigh. He is paying $89k for a Rex with $10k worth of options. The salesguy is just preying on the ignorance of an elderly couple, makes me mad :evil:.

The problem though is that with this early batch, only 50 are designated Australia-wide, and it's almost sold out, and it's limited to one Stealer per major city, so I don't know how you guys can get them to come down at all from their exorbitant markups. It's not like you can play them against another Stealership, and they know they will easily sell their allocation....

Well, the only thing I can do is to steer people clear of this salesguy. He is at Brisbane BMW, initials N.G., pm me if you want his name.

I had a note from my dealer the other day, they are reducing the premium on the dealer delivery. That's a good sign, I must not be the only one to whinge about it. They are still nearly $A1k above recommended but that's better than $2.5k above...

The first batch of i3's destined for Australia are now scheduled for production and will be on the boat in a few weeks. My dealer says they will be delivered well before November, could be September.

Just heard that my i3 has finished production and has been loaded on the Grand Pioneer at Bremerhaven. The ship is currently en route and is just exiting the English Channel. It will stop in South Africa and Fremantle on the way to Melbourne, Australia. Expected arrival at Melbourne is 23/8/2014. Looks like a September delivery is a real possibility.

According to the manifest it is in a lot of 48 vehicles. Sounds about right for the first Aussie shipment of i3's.

I wonder if anyone has heard anything from the Brisbane BMW about deliveries. BTW if the ship arrives 23 Aug, shouldn't the deliveries be within a week or so after?

I checked with the dealer. They reckon about 2 weeks from arrival at port. That Makes it early sept.

The ship is currently at East London ZA

Houdini said:
Got the info today on the pricing of the i3 down here in Australia. One word: ridiculous!

Pricing for EV's over here is nuts. Is it the lack of incentives or just the price gouging manufacturers?

I say this because I hear today that the BMW i3's will be priced over here at around $72,000 for the base electric only and around $78,000 for the base range extended. Add a few options and the "standard" one's that will leave the dealerships are supposed to be going out the door for about $84,000. Nuts.

In the USA the base i3 is $41,350 or $44,700 in Aussie dollars. The Rex (range extender version) is $45,200 USD or $48,865 AUD. So we are paying $27,300 markup on the base and $29,135 on the Rex. In the UK you can pickup a base i3 for 25,680 pounds or $45,974 AUD.

@#*% you BMW for gouging us over here by selling your $40K car for $80K. If you can get a Tesla for $20K more why wouldn't you?

Umm, ALL Australian car pricing is completely nuts (except for Holdens, I guess?).

I don't know how you can pay $90K for an i3! :shock:

And I think Canada is bad at $55K for a loaded i3.

My Brisbane BMW Dealership is being less than helpful in giving me any information on my i3 tracking. They say they don't have access to such information!

If yours is one of the first shipment then it will be on the same ship.

The Grand Pioneer is stopping at Freo, Melb Sydney and Brisbane.

Have they confirmed it has finished production and is in transit?

Well I have just been advised that my i3 is being built as we speak and production will only be complete in the next day or two. So it not on that vessel. Strange as I was advised that I would be amongst the first to get it in Australia (booked in Jan).

I did get told that even though some i3's may arrive early, they are unlikely to be delivered before 1st October as BMW have not set a 'release date' as yet.

Your dealer might be right, but then again, maybe he's just appeasing you and covering his tracks for not getting your order in the first batch.

Do you think BMWA is going to sit on 48 i3's till October when they arrive late August?

Anything is possible, but what my dealer has contended is the opposite of yours!

Latest posts

Back