Can you order winter tyres in the UK for the I3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the tire pressure thing, is it not inside the wheel??
Sound really good that price, my BMW says 2000Euro
I will order if things look right..

I think the RDC code means that it is sensor equipped, which is as you would expect from a standard BMW wheel unless it is a fake, which it shouldn't be as BoMW has commented favourably on past experience of the supplier and the item refers to BMW Warranty.

Procarshop have answerded to my inquiry.
They are happy to ship to Europe and overseas.
Shipping cost will be 99 Euro for UK and most European countries, 199 Euro for US and Canada.

Prices are including 19% VAT. They will check whether VAT can be deducted.

Total price for set of 4 wheels and tires including shipping is 898 Euro for UK and 998 Euro US and Canada including tax. For me it will be cheaper with only 39 Euro shipping within Germany.

Frank
Germany

Good news Frank!

So, I assume thaat these tires/wheels come already mounted/balanced from this online shop and all we have to do is bolt them on, correct?

The 428 turbine Styling are 500 Euro more.

Think they must be mounted. Would cost them more for the shipping if not. And you can`t buy tyres or wheels alone. Will send another mail to them to ask.

Frank
Germany

They already answered: tyres are mounted and balanced. Can bolt them on as they come.

Also inquired about payment. Options are:

https://www.procarshop.de/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

Frank

looks like 1,498.90 euro or $2,043 USD which compared to 1,875 for the MEGA UgLY wheels is not a bad deal. Let us know if VAT is deducted.

You have to check VAT with them. May be possible in Europe, certainly not in US. And afaik only commercial use.

Frank

At this rate I can see myself having wheels, charger cable, EvSe and iPhone plugin adaptor, sun blinds , floor mats and boot covers......before I have the car....ha!

I thought most UK shops deduct VAT if shipping to USA if you contact them prior to ordering? I will try to send out an email if you havent already Frank

Gonville said:
At this rate I can see myself having wheels, charger cable, EvSe and iPhone plugin adaptor, sun blinds , floor mats and boot covers......before I have the car....ha!

Are you stopping at the key fob protector in blue?!

My favourite accessory by far!

fdl1409 said:
You have to check VAT with them. May be possible in Europe, certainly not in US. And afaik only commercial use.

Frank

VAT reduction in Europe would only be possible if you are vat registered and obviously bought through a company as the invoice address should match the vat registration cartificate.
They will also ask for you company registration certificate.

Why don´t you fix the winter tyres to the bedposts in the meantime?

@Frank,

no, I havent`t. Whenever I bought something from a EU country outside Germany before, they deducted VAT for a commercial purchase only. Not for private buyers. As BoMW wrote correctly, you have to be VAT registered yourself. Don`t know about US.

Frank

BoMW said:
Gonville said:

Are you stopping at the key fob protector in blue?!

My favourite accessory by far!
Good thinking....

That just reminded me of the story of the auto worker who worked for Cadillac for 30 years and each day took one bit home with him. Had a complete car by the time he retired. Maybe I can get an i3 on mail order by ordering all the parts.

(Not sure how a 1950 GM would have looked with a 1980 set of tyres. Still must be true.....

Emphatically, yes. Ordered from Procarshop 27 May, just arrived 5 Jun, preceded by 30 mins text and email warning of a 1 hour delivery slot. All-in cost incl delivery and credit card FX charge (which worked out less costly than an electronic banking FX payment) was £741, only about £100 more than I paid 3 years ago for Winter tyres alone for my current car.

If only the delivery times were the other way round, 7 months for the Winter tyres and 9 days for the i3.

I shall have to resist arranging them tastefully in the living room and looking at them longingly!

Thanks to Frank for posting the details of Procarshop.

Glad to hear this shop works fine for you. So we can really recommend this to everybody.
Will buy my own winter tyres there, but not earlier than september.

Nice place, Durham. Been there 25 years ago.

Frank

Back