Deposits at dealers for i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike74jcw

Has anyone in the US put down a deposit for an i3 yet? I have had my eye on this car for a while now and want one! The MINI E and BMW 1-Series ActiveE were not available in my area, unfortunately, so I am leasing a '12 LEAF until next year (2 years) when I plan to return the Nissan and get the i3. I love the LEAF, but the i3 is awesome!

Mike74jcw said:
Has anyone in the US put down a deposit for an i3 yet? I have had my eye on this car for a while now and want one! The MINI E and BMW 1-Series ActiveE were not available in my area, unfortunately, so I am leasing a '12 LEAF until next year (2 years) when I plan to return the Nissan and get the i3. I love the LEAF, but the i3 is awesome!

Hi Mike,

It's widely speculated that BMW is going to open an official pre-ordering/waiting list soon. There are some individual dealerships that are already accepting deposits, but that really doesn't guarantee you anything. If I were you I'd wait until BMW announces the details for pre-ordering. I think we'll hear something within a month or so now. The car won't be here till early 2014 so there is still plenty of time so don't worry.

TomMoloughney said:
Mike74jcw said:

Hi Mike,

It's widely speculated that BMW is going to open an official pre-ordering/waiting list soon. There are some individual dealerships that are already accepting deposits, but that really doesn't guarantee you anything. If I were you I'd wait until BMW announces the details for pre-ordering. I think we'll hear something within a month or so now. The car won't be here till early 2014 so there is still plenty of time so don't worry.

My dealer in Southern California is taking deposits now. I was (unfortunately) the second person on the waiting list!

Back