Expected date for release of the BMW i3REx ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike74jcw said:
My Leaf here in the States is averaging 4.5 miles/KwH (the battery pack is 24 KwH), but only averaged 3.4-3.6 miles/KwH during the winter months.

i3 cars with HV Battery Pre-heating (ZHV) and the heat pump (4T9) should not see as large a winter range drop as a 1st generation Leaf.

Cold batteries and running the heater are two big contributions to winter range loss. A heat pump uses about 1/3 the power of a resistance heater. The difference is about 2kW. That is enough for a significant range difference. Maybe as much as 10 miles in very cold weather. Like the i3, the 2nd Generation Leaf has an optional heat pump.

Preheating the battery during charging will also give a real difference.

Headlights are often on more in winter but they are a smaller consumer. I guesstimated the halogen headlights use 2 or 3 miles of range and the LEDs use 1 or 2.

The UK winter package contains battery pre-heating and Seat Heating (494) for £260. I consider this one a no-brainer as it should do more to preserve winter range than any other option.

I ordered my i3 on the 16th of August and was told by the BMW garage that it would be delivered in November. Got an email from BMW Customer service yesterday to say "We have yet to receive confirmation of the specific delivery date of the vehicle, however, I can confirm that you should have been advised to expect delivery in early 2014". :cry:

I ordered pretty much as soon as the order system opened up. I was advised that while initial deliveries would start in November that these would be mainly dealership demo cars and media review cars. They said I might see my car by Christmas - but they really didn't know.

Not had any build slot info yet - has anyone?

Hi,

During the unveiling event in NL this weekend all iGeniuses seemed to be instructed to tell, upon asking, to expect the beginning of Q2 2014 for REx deliveries, although this information was not a part of the presentation given by a BMW spokesman. My I dealer confirmed Q2 2014, alas, even for people on the waiting list (like me).

Greetings,
Steven

I ordered my i3 on the 16th of August and was told by the BMW garage that it would be delivered in November. Got an email from BMW Customer service on the 1st of September to say "We have yet to receive confirmation of the specific delivery date of the vehicle, however, I can confirm that you should have been advised to expect delivery in early 2014". :cry:

Customer service also informed me that the Rex model would be produced at the same time as the non Rex.

Back