Do you have an i3 on order and awaiting delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVFitter said:
Ordered June 26th. Dealer had 2 on the lot but not what we wanted. They reconfigured one of their scheduled allotment to get it faster. Was told earliest possible delivery date was Aug 21st (8 weeks). More likely to be Sept 4th (10 weeks). Car finished production July 12th. Now at port waiting to ship. No shipping info available yet.
You and I are in the same situation. Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20.

Your scenario sounds just like the situation I went thru. Maybe we're on the same ship! You didn't order from Bob Smith BMW by chance?
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!ANvK2MJ-v4O96do&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:
... Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20. Maybe we're on the same ship!

Same here, with mine at the port since 7/13, with no ship assigned yet, heading to AZ. When you say the next boat is the Otello, are you looking only at W&W boats? I understand there are one or two other shipping companies BMW uses to the west coast, some with smaller boats that move faster with fewer stops along the way, getting from Bremerhaven to LA in about 2 weeks.

Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:
Ordered June 26th. Dealer had 2 on the lot but not what we wanted. They reconfigured one of their scheduled allotment to get it faster. Was told earliest possible delivery date was Aug 21st (8 weeks). More likely to be Sept 4th (10 weeks). Car finished production July 12th. Now at port waiting to ship. No shipping info available yet.
You and I are in the same situation. Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20. Maybe we're on the same ship!

For no good reason I tracked 'my' ship (Carmen) through the Panama Canal and took pictures off the webcam of it in the last set of locks. Actually very interesting to understand the process by which stuff gets moved around. There sure are a lot of Vehicle Carriers.

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:
... Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20. Maybe we're on the same ship!

Same here, with mine at the port since 7/13, with no ship assigned yet, heading to AZ. When you say the next boat is the Otello, are you looking only at W&W boats? I understand there are one or two other shipping companies BMW uses to the west coast, some with smaller boats that move faster with fewer stops along the way, getting from Bremerhaven to LA in about 2 weeks.
BMW uses only Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics for vehicle shipping to U.S. Yes, they own more than 1 shipping line but you can do a search on their site for ships leaving one port and arriving in another. In this case, Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme. You will then see which ships will be on that route and the departure dates. Otello is the next ship to leave Bremerhaven for Port Hueneme (and points in between).

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!ADcMdt8Iqz05DPo&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

Looks like we are all on the same boat (pun intended) my friend :lol:

AviatorMan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:
You and I are in the same situation. Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20. Maybe we're on the same ship!

For no good reason I tracked 'my' ship (Carmen) through the Panama Canal and took pictures off the webcam of it in the last set of locks. Actually very interesting to understand the process by which stuff gets moved around. There sure are a lot of Vehicle Carriers.
Looks like you just sailed thru the Panama Canal. You're almost home .. excited yet??

EVFitter said:
Can someone tell me how to reply to a specific post within a thread? I'm new at this and I must be missing something easy.
Use the "Quote" button near the bottom right of the window ..

Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:
You and I are in the same situation. Mine has been sitting at the port since 7/13. Are you West Coast? Next boat (Otello) to the West leaves 7/26 and arrives 8/20.

Your scenario sounds just like the situation I went thru. Maybe we're on the same ship! You didn't order from Bob Smith BMW by chance?
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!ANvK2MJ-v4O96do&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

I'm in Wisconsin. I just started looking into the "ship" part of the shipping. Heck, I don't even know what port they truck it here from. This is my first trip into Bimmer world.

EVFitter said:
So I've been keeping track of the Otello since I expect she will be bringing my i3 over. Even though she's not due into Bremerhaven until Friday morning, I see she's only about 200nm out of Bremerhaven right now. She's not going to sit at the pier for 5 days so she's either going to be be moved up a few days in the schedule or go anchor for a few days.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LVemnP3B4sQmxVM3ZHUzYzcEk/edit?usp=sharing

EVFitter said:
Zzzoom3 said:
EVFitter said:

I'm in Wisconsin. I just started looking into the "ship" part of the shipping. Heck, I don't even know what port they truck it here from. This is my first trip into Bimmer world.
"Bimmer World" is a good place .. welcome! I would think that Tacoma is your likely port of call ...

I'm in Wisconsin. I just started looking into the "ship" part of the shipping. Heck, I don't even know what port they truck it here from. This is my first trip into Bimmer world.[/quote]
"Bimmer World" is a good place .. welcome! I would think that Tacoma is your likely port of call ...[/quote]

My understanding is that all BMW's offload in NJ for east coast and Oxnard CA for west coast. So even if you live in Tacoma, when the boat arrives it will have left your car in California.

Here is more about that:
http://www.thedieseldriver.com/2010/02/bmw-vdc/

[/quote]For no good reason I tracked 'my' ship (Carmen) through the Panama Canal and took pictures off the webcam of it in the last set of locks. Actually very interesting to understand the process by which stuff gets moved around. There sure are a lot of Vehicle Carriers.[/quote]
Looks like you just sailed thru the Panama Canal. You're almost home .. excited yet??[/quote]

I recently got an electric bike to commute to work in, very much faster commute, and weird as it may sound I'm more excited by that. At least in the nice weather.

AviatorMan said:
My understanding is that all BMW's offload in NJ for east coast and Oxnard CA for west coast. So even if you live in Tacoma, when the boat arrives it will have left your car in California.

Here is more about that:
http://www.thedieseldriver.com/2010/02/bmw-vdc/
Thanks that makes sense. I actually live about 7 miles from the VDC in Port Hueneme. I've been there twice now on tours with the BMWCCA. Very interesting really. The article didn't mention it but the Monroney window decals are printed by the VDC and attached there. It's actually 1 of the last things done before the car goes to "the pad". The owners manuals are placed in the vehicles at the VDC too.

I'm getting more and more pissed off that people in the US can order an i3 now and get it in 2 months...yet I ordered mine 3 months ago and still have 4 months to go! Bull shit. My frustration due to the need for a 2nd car has me seriously considering cancelling my order and getting something else.

elptex said:
I'm getting more and more pissed off that people in the US can order an i3 now and get it in 2 months...yet I ordered mine 3 months ago and still have 4 months to go! Bull shit. My frustration due to the need for a 2nd car has me seriously considering cancelling my order and getting something else.

+1 - Feel very poorly served by BMW UK. What adds to the frustration is the lack of any tracking system in UK(EU?) which at least allows you to see some into about the long drawn out order process.

elptex said:

Even worse in CA, they can walk into a BMW showroom and pick one of the many i3's and drive it within a few days.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=262930923901356&set=pcb.676896399050891&type=1&theater

XXL said:
Even worse in CA, they can walk into a BMW showroom and pick one of the many i3's and drive it within a few days.

Indeed. That's American culture, though.

Now I'm asking myself what is in it for me to continue waiting for 4 more months. What do I get from the i3 that overrides my virtually immediate need for a car. Does BMW value me as a customer enough to do something? ...

elptex said:
XXL said:

Indeed. That's American culture, though.

Now I'm asking myself what is in it for me to continue waiting for 4 more months. What do I get from the i3 that overrides my virtually immediate need for a car. Does BMW value me as a customer enough to do something? ...

+1

My sig. might need amendment - can't get anything from my dealer !

Back